Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the US, the Smallmouth vs Largemouth bass are two of the most popular sporting fish. From passionate amateur to professional sports fishermen, everyone loves to catch bass. It is also an industry that generates more than 60 billion dollars a year with countless tournaments and events. However, despite their popularity, not everyone knows the difference between smallmouth vs largemouth bass.

Although you may not notice it at first glance, there are many differences between these two species. Smallmouth vs largemouth bass are two unique species with their own biology and effective fishing tactics. So how can you tell these two fish apart when they belong to the same species?

Water Vertebrate Fluid Liquid Organism

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, i think for the most part, the smallmouth bass is olive-yellow to brown, and can sometimes be almost black. They usually have brown or dark red eyes and a head with dark brown horizontal stripes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, i think for the most part, the smallmouth bass is olive-yellow to brown, and can sometimes be almost black. They usually have brown or dark red eyes and a head with dark brown horizontal stripes.
That's absolutely right my dear.
Crank toys, spinners, vibrating fixtures will attract smallmouth bass to bite them. The smallmouth has excellent vision in all light conditions much more than the largemouth so avoiding heavy lines will be effective in fishing smallies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts