Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take pictures of how YOU rig your soft plastics and post them here.

I am sure we may rig a lot the same but I am sure that there are some of us who rig things a bit different. Please post em here. :D I may even give some prizes out ;)

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Always gotta be one in the bunch! LMAO!!

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
That sounds kinda personal, Jared. But if you whisper sweet nothings into my ear, my soft plastic might turn into a hard plastic.

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
On this set-up Im using a 5/0 superline ewg Gammy hook. 1/2 oz tru-tungsten weight and a bobber stopper to peg it.

I also skin hook alot of my plastics ( even when flipping / pitching thicker stuff ) .. Not sure if the picture shows it or not, but it is skin hooked.

[smg id=1176]

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wheres all the rigs from the chat everyone talked about posting? come on, let's see em folks :D

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
stevetheteacher said:
That sounds kinda personal, Jared. But if you whisper sweet nothings into my ear, my soft plastic might turn into a hard plastic.

now thats right funny

I just started using this for the Strike King Rage Tail Chunks

take 2 rubber bobber stops and put a 1/4 oz weight in between

use the smallest CIRCLE hook you can and rig the chunk with a parasite clip.

the clip holds the CHUNK up and the circle hook makes it even more weedless then a regular worm hook skin hooked.... I have caught 1/10 the amount of weeds I had with the worm hook.... ALSO the circle hook saves skin hookin so your baits last longer

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
No, I just came home from fishing and that worm was tore up and I just put it back on quickly for the picture. I try to keep them pretty straight when I am fishing..

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know the general rule of thumb with circle hooks is to not set the hook just begin to real and the fish will set themselves. Is that what yuo do with this rig too AJ?

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
the day i tried this i had 6 misses on a regular RT craw and only caught 2 fish

using the RT Chunk (or baby craw as i call em) i had 1 bite and 1 fish for 100% hookup

i honestly dont remember altering anything as far as hookset I dont know either how good it would work with a larger warm but so far im tickled pink with the RT chunk

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I wasn't in the chat Jared but this is the way we rig the shaky worm here in SWMO. It is a bit unconventional but the fish don't know it.

·
Registered
856 Posts
love fishin shackey head

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Nice looking rig ho_shi, put your thinkin' cap on for that.

Here are a couple I live by:

Keel Weighted Space Monkey
This rig produces some sort of fall the fish can't seem to resist.

Lizard on a jighead fished cross current for river smallies.

StandUp Jig
Having a jig that stands more often keeps that bait up. Notice this jig keeping a 6" lizard standing tall. Lots of bait there for a fish to grab.

Parasite Tungsten Weight for T/rigging
This is a fool proof rig that keeps your bait in place. If you need a weight pegged or don't want to fuss with fixing things, this is my answer.

The Slip Shot rig
This is one of the best producing rigs I use. Something about just a tad of weight few inches ahead of your bait.

Almost forgot my plastic rig that replaces crankbaits & Spinnerbaits.
The Scrounger jig
Shown with a JDC "sweet water chub" to maximize the flash of a laminated bait as it rocks side to side.
I might also suggest a Minda Spear worm on a scrounger, they are made for each other.

·
Registered
13,775 Posts
Great rigs right there :clap:

There's a couple there I use frequently already...I use Parasite clips alot...saves alot of re-rigging and wasted plastics....Scrounger and Minda is an excellent combination....
I HAVE to get me some of the Rage Tail Space Monkeys (amongst other RT lures)...They just "look" fishy!! :thumbup01: :thumbup01:

·
Registered
856 Posts
i rig mine on carolina rigs

·
Registered
603 Posts
I just looked through all my pics and I dont have any soft plastic setup pics. Never even thought about it till I read this post. I think I need to take some pics. Now where is tha camera???

·
Registered
73 Posts
Great loking rigs guys, This is what I like to to see is the visual end of how you rig your lures. My question now...I know these posts are from a while back....when using a weight on tip of hook do you always put a peg/stop on it, is there a reason you do not want it to move?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts