Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined the Bassholes in December of '06 and I can remember when we were running a contest as to when #300 would join. We are now just about to hit the 400 mark and the site keeps getting better. I predict that #500 will join us on June 25th. Now, if all the people who joined will share, in any thread, it will be fantastic. Hats off to all Bassholes!! :dance01: :dance01: :cheers: :dance01:

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
I wouldn't doubt that prediction. In fact I've been thinking about what sort of experience it will be managing this site a year from now with 3,500 members with 30% posting regularly. Think of how much required daily reading for moderators. It takes a lot of behind the scenes work to keep it running well. By then Jared will have to get serious with an online dealership distributing for sponsors and trying to fit one more advertiser in. What was that day job back then?
This market driven world can turn around and tackle anyone not prepared to think BIG. Ya open the door and customers are there before even knowing what ya sell. In 2009 we're looking at 20,000 members, 60% demanding the latest hot lures and fielding hundreds of questions a day.

Too positive? Not at all. It's my opinion. This has been a "family friendly" place where folks can be comfortable asking questions and not have to read through :cussin: and :wack:, and that's RARE today. We're meeting the needs of a huge part of the fishing world. Study up and be ready to give it out. :victory: for all interested bass anglers. It's THEBASSHOLE WAY.

Jim

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim, super post!! One of these days I am gonna travel to Hot Springs and say HELL___O! to you. I used to live there and worked for the YMCA back when it was on Quapaw St. and it is where my oldest child was born. I lived on Henderson, about a block and a half from the track. I still have a lot of ole Jaycee buddies there and in fact, was elected to the board of the Miss Arkansas pageant when I was there. I love that town and make it there from time to time, and still wish the banker would have let me turn my House into a parking lot--I'd be rich!! :dance01:

T

·
0 Posts
Hey Jim, I didn't realize you lived in Hot Springs Ar. Thats really not all that far from me. All I have to do is take Hwy 59 to Texarkana and then jump onto I-30 and head your way. We need to get a trip together. My wife use to go to Hot Springs all the time when she was little with her parents for vacation.

I use to work at the Bi-State center in Texarkana and had a chance to fish a tournament at Millwood Lake. Didn't get to go. :cussin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts