Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using a new spinnerbait from Secret Weapon these last few month with great results and thought i would share it. The bait is called the Sidearm. It is a bait that has free-floating interchangeable inline spinnerblades. And the are side by side to each other.This arrangement allows even more commotion in the water then the regular spinnerbaits that I have used. You can also slow roll it easier. It is great when using it over grass. this bait has a v-frame blade bar that pivots freely., allowing the bait to pass easiely through the cover. It has equal drag which allows the blades realign when bumped off of cover. Something else i found out is you can remove the blade bar and use it as a short arm spinnerbait. These things are fantastic adn I have been catching alot of fish on rayburn adn conroe. I got them at www.secretweaponlures.com. Need to check them out.

G

·
That is very similar if not the exact same thing I bought from a guy who I met at a tackle show in Tyler, TX back in 2002? He was from Lousianna. I tried his but the blades seemed to move around allot. Can't say I ever did any good with his but the concept seemed pretty cool.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Great Looking Bait! I went to the site and searched for dealers, NONE in my area, does anyone know of an on-line source??

Oh Yea All, By the Way, Herb's Dilly's are almost gone at Brannon's Bass Shop!

When they gone,,,,,they gone. Better get another order out Lake City LOL!!

Your gonna need um.

Cya on the Water,
Lee

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
When Jared finally post the page 6 of the lake Isabella "A Rare Chance for a World Record" check out the "twin spin" that Ive been making since 1968!! It's very similar to the Sidearm.
Tom

·
Registered
635 Posts
Man, I had to get off that website before the bait monkey ate my lunch! Those are some good-looking lures. I really like the interchangeable blades, somebody shoulda did that a long time ago. Besides our resident genius. :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
That ain't all.....you can put those blades on other things.....I'm a customizer from the word go. Pimp out a Lipless Vibrator with a small willow blade from the front hook split ring! Secret Weapon is the only spinner in my boat!

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
I remember posting the Secret Weapon site for the Sidearm spinner bait, just don't know where. I think it was a discussion on the cold water period and slow rolling spinner baits. The twinspin or Sidearm is best as a vertical falling jig and a great early pre spawn presentation. It's here somewhere I think? At any rate they make a very god product, much better quality then my home made twinspin with small ball bearing swivel clips to fasten on the blades. Caught a lot of big bass on those twinspins over the years. Retrieving a twinspin jig greatly influenced how I learned to present a horizontal jig and keep the rod pointed at the jig, line watch and reel set. Thats exactly how you present a twinspin jig.
Tom

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have not tried the side arm spinnerbait but i throw Secret Weapon spinnerbaits and Buzzbaits and they are by far the best out there i posted on the New Jersey page fishing from the bank and i was throwing a white buzzbait and it was a Secret Weapon Buzzbait.

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
I'll be trying out my new custom spinnerbaits from our sponsor D&D Sinkers & Tackle (Microtek60) http://thebassholes.com/bassin-forums/index.php?topic=1877.msg16573#new on some hungry post spawn bass soon, I hope.

I tried a few out the last day I fished before getting sick, and they performed quite well, humming along perfectly with no erratic rolling. The spawn was on and the bass wanted slower meals. They are quality products and very fairly priced.

Jim

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am glad you like them. Been using them for a while now. If anybody would be intrested in a field staff positon I can hook you up. just send me a message and we can talk. As for buying them online I will check and see. I know you can order form the sight. Like Rob said you can do other things with the blades. I have also put them on a rattletrap or a manns minus 1 crankbait.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I ordered some back in the day, they seem to have held up well, but I have yet to catch a fish on one. I can't really blame the bait too much, after about a month of no hits I just have no confidence in it. I didn't like the arm wobbling and I just have more confidence in a tandem spinner bait with a big willow leaf followed by the smaller Colorado.

Now the one thing I do like is the bungee type rig they have, I have tied on a fluke type bait and drop shot around some stumps with it and did real well that way.

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
I really like that sidearm concept, looks like something the fish wont have seen before, plus I used to catch a ton of fish on a short arm spinnerbait, and the conversion looks quick and easy. Thanks for the post. :thumbup01: :thumbup01:

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
I would like to try the spinnerbait version. Right now I have some buzzbaits from Terminator that sounds like the same concept. Duel buzz blades running side by side. Talk about commotion on the surface!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts