Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. all, I had almost a page typed then got dumped......jist of my ramblings, Sebile Ghost Walker has replaced the LuckyCraft Sammy for me. It throws a mile, has mineral oil and glitter to simulate scales being knocked off a bait fish, and walks like a speed skater's Cadence. I've put fish in the boat with this one that's for sure, and it's made a believer out of me. You can check them out at http://www.sebileusa.com .

·
Registered
222 Posts
I read a article in one of my BASS magazines about this company and their lipless cranks. Two guys in Texas I believe in a tourny one a boater and on a co were using this lure and blew the others away. The article said that the lure is not better really than other lipless cranks just different. I was going to buy a couple of them but my wife caught me on the computer and said no. They are pretty pricey like the Lucky Crafts though. Looks like a cool design though with the mineral oil in them.

·
Premium Member
13,633 Posts
Yeah the Flatt Shad. I read about that as well. Its filled with a mineral oil and has tungsten beads so it has a wider wobble like a fat lipped crankbait and it has a more subdued rattle than all other lipless.

They arent too bad.. I think I saw them as low as 13 bucks.. I think they are worth trying.

·
Premium Member
17,930 Posts
Am I correct in my reading, that they are mainly a saltwater lure ? ( but like anything can be used in fresh water )

I did a search for them in Fl, and it looks like they are on or near the coast.

They seem to be about the same price as a LR ( maybe a dollar or two cheaper )

K

·
0 Posts
They arent too bad.. I think I saw them as low as 13 bucks.. I think they are worth trying.
I could buy 2 XCalibur lipless cranks for that. I would be hard pressed to think this is twice as good thus meriting twice the price. Maybe the topwater lure since it is actually slightly less then a LC.

Now what would be cool to give the illusion of loosing scales would be to leak some of that solution out of the bait so that the glitter actually falls away from the bait. Now that would be cool. Sell it with a syringe and extra solution to put it back in as needed. Other then that, I am more then happy with lipless crankbaits in the $6-$7 range.

K

·
0 Posts
Cultiva Vibe (Lipless bait) is $12 almost twice as much as the XCalibur.

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
KeithsCatch said:
Cultiva Vibe (Lipless bait) is $12 almost twice as much as the XCalibur.
Nothing wrong with the XCalibur lipless lures, I get Owners stuff at good price and forget what the real world pays.
Tom
Ps; Almost forgot the Vibe and Flatt Shad don't come red, can't have that.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I bought one on monday and got it in time for this weekend. I got the one with the clear sides and the black top. I cant remember the colors name. I have to say I was not expecting it to be as big as it is. It is twice as big as the Xcaliber. The tungston rattles are very quiet as well. It does however have a much wider wobble then any of the other lipless baits on the market. I did catch one fish about a pound on it and that was the only bass I caught this weekend worth talking about. My son seemed to have all the luck using a Storm thin shad from the 70s that I found at a antique shop. He caught around 8 bass this weekend on it to my 3. He was very excited that he out fished me. Anyway I like the bait but I think that I need to try it on some other lakes before giving any real feed back on it.

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
Matching the size of the baitfish is more important than the price of the lure, the bass don't care about price. Catching bass on old lures is great and having your son outfish you is even better.
Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts