Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished my first federation tourney this weekend as a non-boater. Had a little problem with my boater, otherwise it was a good day. Weather was pretty nasty. I finished 37th out of 187. Not too bad. The placing may not be 100% accurate. I'll know this afternoon or tomorrow for sure. Wasn't enough to get a check, but the most important thing is finishing the year in the Top 40 so I can continue on. My boater got the goose egg. Serves him right. He has serious sportsmanship issues and I won't be fishing with him again. All in all, it was a good weekend. Had fun, caught some fish, and made it home safe. That's all I need. Later guys!
-Joe

·
Registered
318 Posts
Clownss like your boater need to be reported as they are detrimental to the sport. There is a provision in the Fed rules about it. Funny, last Fed I fished on Sam (5 years ago?) a boater ran right over the grass I was fishing and killed the bite. I reported him and he was DQ.

Was there a trap bite on?

cbs

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Goin' to rayburn this weekend, any advice will be greatfull! ;D

Congrats on your top 40 in the FEDS!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Coach, there was a trap bite but not for me. Most everyone was throwing fire tiger 3/4 - 1 oz. My boater left a cove we had to ourselves after I had caught 5 fish. Two keepers and three short. He didn't get a bite all day, and while I was unhooking my second keeper, he was pulling up the trolling motor saying let's go. We left fish, went to points that we had not fished ever and spent the last two hours of the day there with nothing. It may not really be a sportsmanship thing, but I had an idea after he told me he just didn't think he liked getting outfished out of the back of his own boat.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CHADWLY said:
Goin' to rayburn this weekend, any advice will be greatfull! ;D

Congrats on your top 40 in the FEDS!!!!!!
Chad, I was fishing 15-20 water. I was using a chartreuse w/ purple back Strike King Series 6 crank. I would run it down in the grass, then let it float up for 2-3 seconds then pull it back down til I felt the grass. The bite was good in the cove we were in. I was there two weeks ago pre fishing and the fish were all suspended on the points. They weren't doing that this weekend. They had moved off the points and into the deep grass on along the breaks. The guy that won, 25 lbs with a 10-4 big bass was fishing C-rig in the south end of the lake. You can email me a [email protected] and I can give you a little more detail. The north end of the lake is wasted. The water is almost orange up north and really trashy throughout. Your best water color is south. It is suppposed to warm up this week and some fish had started moving up to new flooded brush but were very scattered. Tell me how you prefer to fish if you want more info.
-Joe

·
Registered
635 Posts
joegoudeau said:
Coach, there was a trap bite but not for me. Most everyone was throwing fire tiger 3/4 - 1 oz. My boater left a cove we had to ourselves after I had caught 5 fish. Two keepers and three short. He didn't get a bite all day, and while I was unhooking my second keeper, he was pulling up the trolling motor saying let's go. We left fish, went to points that we had not fished ever and spent the last two hours of the day there with nothing. It may not really be a sportsmanship thing, but I had an idea after he told me he just didn't think he liked getting outfished out of the back of his own boat.
Too bad for him. If he was smartish, he woulda tried to figure out what you were doing and imitated it. Instead, he threw away a good chance to learn someting. [email protected]#$ that loser.

·
Premium Member
17,930 Posts
Good going Joe.

After your second fish, I would of been throwing what you was useing, thats for sure.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Some boaters get so wrapped up in their own egos. I hear it all the time at meetings etc. I just keep my mouthshut and only talk to a few friends. As for a co out fishing a pro...more power to you. In fact, I too would be grabbing what you were throwing if I could.

I am curious since I know so many people there. If you are willing send me a private email withthe guys name.

My worst, absolute worst, experience with a lack of sportsmanship by another boater (can't call him a pro) happened on Sam in a Fed tourney.

cbs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts