Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner


2588 Views 0 Replies 1 Participant Last post by  Jared
Actions: Opens salmon fishing on the Entiat River (Chelan County).

Effective dates: June 7, 2008 through July 15, 2008.

Daily limit: Daily limit two hatchery chinook salmon, minimum size 12 inches.

Species affected: Non-endemic, hatchery-origin spring chinook (Carson stock) released from the Entiat National Fish Hatchery. The stock is not included in the ESA listing of spring chinook in the Upper Columbia River ESU.

Location: Angling will be allowed from the Alternate Highway 97 Bridge near the mouth of the Entiat River, upstream approximately 6 miles to 400 feet downstream of the Entiat National Fish Hatchery discharge channel.

Reason for action: Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife estimates about 1,600- non-endemic, hatchery origin, and between 137 and 214 natural origin spring chinook are expected to return to the Entiat River in 2008. Based upon these estimates, a selective fishery in the Entiat River is warranted to target non-endemic hatchery spring chinook that have been identified as a risk to the natural origin spring chinook in the Entiat River that are listed as endangered.

Other Information: The Entiat River spring chinook fishery will be regulated as a selective fishery requiring the use of single barbless hooks, non-buoyant lure restriction, night closure and mandatory release of adipose present chinook and all steelhead. Handling Rules are also in effect for this fishery. Bait is allowed. Fishery duration may be modified as necessary for protection of the ESA listed spring chinook.

Information contact: Art Viola (509) 665-3337, Wenatchee District Office (509) 662-0452.

Fishers must have a current Washington fishing license. Check the current WDFW "Fishing in Washington" rules pamphlet or the Fishing section of the WDFW webpage at for details on fishing seasons and regulations. Fishing regulations are subject to change. Check the WDFW Fishing hotline for the latest rule information at (360) 902-2500; press 2 for recreational rules; call the Shellfish Rule Change hotline, (360) 796-3215, or toll free 1 (866) 880-5431.
See less See more
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.