Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rustin needed help getting this image off his phone so I am posting it for him.

Im not sure how large it is but I think Rustin said it was 19 or so inches. I know one thing for sure... the fish has some shoulders on it.

Nice fish Rustin! :clap:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
What a great looking fish!! WTG!!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
It was the red and black jig with no trailer Mo. I was fishing at my farm pond after I got home from work, around 5:00pm. The weather was partly cloudy and around 55 degrees. There was a cold front coming through that night. I am not sure what the water temp was but it was cold on the hands, maybe low 50s. I was targeting the banks, using what I would call and quick jerk technique. As soon as the bait hit the water I was jerking it and then I would pause for a second and that was when she took of with it. I set the hook and she didn't fight much. I was using the Quantum Burner that I got off of Pro Reel (Kevin), and I reeled her in so quick it was like she was water skiing on top of the water. I didn't give her time to fight. LOL. I love the colors of these jigs they look very good in and out of the water. I am fishing in the Ohio Bassmaster Weekend Series next year and I will definitely have some of Doug's jigs in my tackle bag. Thank you to Jared and Doug and everyone else who made this bait bash possible. I am truly loving it.

·
Premium Member
6,888 Posts
The one I lost (Bass) today was on theRed&Black Jig W/Blue Chigger craw trailer She broke 14lb line at the boat :wack: :wack: :wack: :wack: :wack: :wack: :wack: :wack: :wack: :wack: :wack: :wack: :wack: :wack: :wack:

·
Registered
524 Posts
I modified my post and just wanted to put it at the end so everyone could see it.
rsawyers said:
It was the red and black jig with no trailer Mo. I was fishing at my farm pond after I got home from work, around 5:00pm. The weather was partly cloudy and around 55 degrees. There was a cold front coming through that night. I am not sure what the water temp was but it was cold on the hands, maybe low 50s. I was targeting the banks, using what I would call and quick jerk technique. As soon as the bait hit the water I was jerking it and then I would pause for a second and that was when she took of with it. I set the hook and she didn't fight much. I was using the Quantum Burner that I got off of Pro Reel (Kevin), and I reeled her in so quick it was like she was water skiing on top of the water. I didn't give her time to fight. LOL. I love the colors of these jigs they look very good in and out of the water. I am fishing in the Ohio Bassmaster Weekend Series next year and I will definitely have some of Doug's jigs in my tackle bag. Thank you to Jared and Doug and everyone else who made this bait bash possible. I am truly loving it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have 2 more to add to my total, and a story to go with them :D. The first bass is 16 1/2 inch's caught on the red and black jig without a trailer. Here is the pic
. The second was 16 1/4 inch's caught on the bluegill color jig with a small watermelon and red flake craw trailer. I am sorry I don't remember the brand of craw it is but I got it from walmart. Here is the pic of the second one
. OK now the story. I was not feeling the greatest today but I took enough medication to feel a little better and today was a beautiful day so I asked dad if he wanted to go to the pond and fish, so we did. We had temps in the mid 60s and a few clouds and breezy. I already had the red and black jig tied on so I used it first. I messed around for a few casts and missed one. I finally hit a spot I had been casting for and hit it and sure enough there was one there. That is the first fish pictured. I went to the other side of the pond and fished a tree for a minute and missed on and lost the red and black jig :cussin: I was bummed but I went and tied on the bluegill color jig and decided I wanted to try to get the fish I had missed in the tree where I lost the red and black jig but I was smarter this time as you will see I don't know if it is smarter but it did reward me with the second fish pictured. This is where I was standing when I caught the second bass
. That is a closer picture in case you cant tell on the first picture. It is kind of hard to set a hook when you are standing on a tree about 5 feet off the bank. :thumbup01:. I really enjoyed this bait bash and I cant wait till the next one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.