Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Lunch, I just saw this thread and I like the technique already. Can't wait to try it in the spring. :clap:

·
Registered
49 Posts
ive never fished tubes but am planning on it this year... I like the idea. But, my question would be after fishing the inital setup.. you'll have to untie to replace the tube... unless im wrong... but the pictures look good for the initial tie up. How long does that one tube usually last?

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
DannyG said:
ive never fished tubes but am planning on it this year... I like the idea. But, my question would be after fishing the inital setup.. you'll have to untie to replace the tube... unless im wrong... but the pictures look good for the initial tie up. How long does that one tube usually last?
I rarely have to replace a tube from wear. What I have to do is replace the whole rig because I lose them in the rocks.

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Great information Lunchbox!! I also liked your method too JIgMan. Thank you guys! :tu

I fish tubes pretty often, I wil have to try these methods. I generally just texas rig them and then peg my weight up tight to the tube.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
DannyG said:
Danny, as part of my prep before fishing i make up several of these rigs. That way i do not have to futz with it on the water. I just retie.
Jigman has it right. More often than not the reason i am changing lures is because i have hung them up and broken them off. Even with a pretty danged weedless set up like these, you can not always back them out of rocks. You just have to break and re-tie.

Jared let me know if you need some EWG tube jigs. We carry some great ones in store.

Thanks for the comments
Brandon
www.protackleoutfitters.com

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
lunchbox said:
DannyG said:
Danny, as part of my prep before fishing i make up several of these rigs. That way i do not have to futz with it on the water. I just retie.
Jigman has it right. More often than not the reason i am changing lures is because i have hung them up and broken them off. Even with a pretty danged weedless set up like these, you can not always back them out of rocks. You just have to break and re-tie.

Jared let me know if you need some EWG tube jigs. We carry some great ones in store.

Thanks for the comments
Brandon
www.protackleoutfitters.com
Brandon, I couldnt find the EWG tube jigs in t he shop.. can you show me where?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Jared, i know we usually stock them, but we may be out of stock. If we are our website hides that listing so people do not order it. I will check tomorrow. they are the same price as the other bite me jigs hooks. $2.99

Brandon

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
lunchbox said:
Jared, i know we usually stock them, but we may be out of stock. If we are our website hides that listing so people do not order it. I will check tomorrow. they are the same price as the other bite me jigs hooks. $2.99

Brandon
oh ok awesome! Thank you Brandon :D

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
What can I say, customer service makes for repeat business :)

Brandon

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Thanks for posting this. Can't believe I missed this post.

·
Registered
67 Posts
excellent tip there! havnt learned to rig a tube the right way yet, and now i have!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Wow, that's really cool lunchbox! Thanks for that tip, the lakes up here really get full of weeds from what I hear, I bet this'll work well!

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
OK bringing this back to life. What sizes (weight) does everyone like best?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I throw more 4 inch tubes than any other. As for weights, i let the conditions, and the fish tell me that. I USUALLY throw a 3/16oz tube head, which comes out to be about 5/16 after you get the tube on there. my average depth though is only 8 feet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Do you think you could re-post pictures of the stupid rig?

thank you

21 - 39 of 39 Posts