Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

Remember the good old days at Dicks Sporting

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  stealthfisher 
Sounds like our store, Dan. The kayak craze has made them sloppy. Corporate regs probably limit local stores' abilities to improvise. It's oddly ironic they'd take the chance of losing thousands of dollars by their inflexibility.

I agree, austins. Profit is how free market capitalism lives and does the good things it does. Somehow profit has become a four-letter word in some circles. I doubt, however, that the MSM has infiltrated TBH membership too badly. ;) With the number of entrepreneurs we have on here, re-distribution of wealth probably wouldn't get too much traction. :lmao:

I think what old' Stealthy was getting at was Dick's being a little sneaky with the points they offer. There should be a way for local stores to look at any individual account and proceed accordingly. I work for an hvac contractor and we have some flexibility on prices and rebates. You bet profit is the main goal, though. Without it we can't pay overhead or keep up the crazy amount of training, insurance, etc. Still, having that flexibility is a great tool to keep long term customers happy and the competition out of the picture.

Bottom line- I'm with you, dude, as far as profit being good. :thumbup01:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.