Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

at what size would you mount a bass?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

releasing bass

4K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  FishinSC 
#1 ·
Ok first off, if im gonna mount a bass its gonna be at least like 5 pounds. Other than that i release everything mostly because im not a huge fan of fish anyway. but fishing ponds out is a serious problem nowadays. just food for thought. I just have a lot of respect for catch and release

#3 ·
Ive caught them up to 11lbs and have yet to keep one. But if you must have one on your wall, do what Southern Comfort suggested and get a fibreglass replica.

All you have to do is take pictures of the fish, then measure it's length, girth and a few others places which I can't recall at the moment. The replica they make will look just like the fish you cauht and released and whats even better is that it will last longer than an actual mount

#7 ·
CaptainMo said:
Practice CPR...
Catch, Photograph, Release.....take lots of pictures of it, from different angles, take good measurements, and get it back in the water as quickly as possible....then take your pics and measurements to a reputable place and get a replica made...
This is what I believe, If I ever catch one over 10 thats what Im going to do.

#8 ·
If I catch one 5 or larger I would take it's pic. Take it from a couple anglers. Then put it on the BassHole's and my other albums. I would hang a blown up pic of it on my wall. The wall facing my stairs, as you come up it would be the first thing you see.

#10 ·
Pic's , measure ,release, and have a Fiberglass Mount made it's the only way to go. They last forever and never deteriorate!!!!!!! :thumbup01: :thumbup01: :thumbup01: :thumbup01: :thumbup01: :thumbup01: :thumbup01: :thumbup01:

Oh ya it would have to be way over 6lbs for me to do it. :dance01: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01:

#12 ·
zoomdude said:
Im glad everyone practices catch and release and ill start using CPR on all my big ones. and replicas seem like the best way to go. i bet the arent cheap those. thx for the replys guys.
Actually they are a tad less than a live mount or at least were so they are a better buy

#13 ·
A good replica mount cost about the same as a skin mount and will last a lifetime. No reason to kill a bass for a mount.
Most of us don't have a tape measure in our pocket or boat to measure the bass with, so I use my fishing line. Cut a length of line from the closed mouth to the center of the tail for the length and wrap a line around the widest area and cut off for the girth. Tie an overhand knot in the girth piece of line, so you can save both and measure the line pieces later.
Here is my PB bass mount; 16 years old and still looks like the day I caught it.
http://www.thebassholes.com/bassin-forums/index.php?topic=8572.0
Tom

#15 ·
oldschool said:
A good replica mount cost about the same as a skin mount and will last a lifetime. No reason to kill a bass for a mount.
Most of us don't have a tape measure in our pocket or boat to measure the bass with, so I use my fishing line. Cut a length of line from the closed mouth to the center of the tail for the length and wrap a line around the widest area and cut off for the girth. Tie an overhand knot in the girth piece of line, so you can save both and measure the line pieces later.
Here is my PB bass mount; 16 years old and still looks like the day I caught it.
http://www.thebassholes.com/bassin-forums/index.php?topic=8572.0
Tom

You sir are a smart man... also Nice Bass!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.