Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

Release a Fish, Eat a Fish

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  retired-psg 
#1 ·
Release a Fish, Eat a Fish

Fishing season is going strong across the Midwest. There are lots of folks fishing everywhere I travel, and that's a good thing. Fishing is fun anytime, but especially now when lots of us would like a diversion from some of the things going on in the world that aren't real pleasant, fishing is an outstanding way to take a break from those things. When you're near the water waiting for a fish to eat your bait, it's easier to feel a little better about some of the stuff that goes on in our lives.

See less See more
#3 ·
All the bass I catch go back in, with the very, very occasional exception for my elderly neighbor across the street who loves breaded, fried bass (yuk!). The family comes out to the lake and catches 50 or 75 sunnies of mixed specie twice a year. Most of those go to the table. I don't eat them, but others dig in. We don't harvest much, just a wee bit. Since I only fish for bass, I only take 6 or 8 a year for my neighbor.

#4 ·
I turn all loose to catch again. The only time anything is kept is when my friends mom wants some Pike(she likes them toothie critters)We will keep 2 or 3 of them for her ,other then that they go back in the water too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.