Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes,
You can use several things with good success.
Cut lady fish is very good, with a pinched barb circle hook #5.0 an 1/8oz. pinch shot to keep it on the bottom, and throw it on theedge of grass beds.

DOA shrimp on a Cajun Rig, thrown on the sloping edge of the channel on the flats.

Cut crab is the very best, and be used anywhere.

We catch monster Reds on this stuff ( 35-45 lbers. ) I use a 7'6" hurricane Redbone med/heavy , fast tip rod, with a Shimao 6000 stradic spinning reel spooled with 65 lb. Suffix braid, and the hook tied directly on / no snap swivel for these brutes.

Good luck and tight lines

·
Registered
26 Posts
this time of year we use crawfish b/c that is what is coming out. we also use shrimp on the bottom or under a cork, also we use mud minnows and crab. cut mullet is another good thing.

hopes this helps
bayoubass

·
Registered
28 Posts
redfish magic is a spinner bait that allows you to change the jig head. very good with gulp. any walk the dog although the ones that hang their butt are best because the red has to roll to take a topwater. sammys and skitters. jig and curl tail or paddle tail are standard around here. flys on the flats are the bomb tho.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
what about targeting redfish this time of year?? Where are they in april and may?? I am on the Gulf Coast and wanna learn to catch these fish on a normal basis. I have caught them fishing for bass....wow redfish have such a fight..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.