Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a quick peek at a few lures that TheCrankinCracker sprayed up for me...Tell me that's not talent!! He turned pretty much worthless lures back into something to be proud to have in my tacklebox!! :clap: :clap:
I'll do a side by side later so you can see a better comparison.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Dang that's some awesome work. Not so sure I wouldn't put those in a display case. :clap:

·
Registered
13,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's alright Barry...I'll be doing another post later with them all...and some with fish hangin' on the end of them!!! :clap: :clap: :fishing01: :fishing01:

·
Registered
313 Posts
That is one serious make over. Those old Poes and Bagley baits have never looked better. The man has mastered the airbrush and the use of color.

Cap, did you do the chest weighting on the old poes?

·
Registered
13,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I haven't BigM...That older one is REALLY old too...It hasn't even seen the water in more years than I can figure out...4?..6?..8?..maybe even longer...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Dern that Barry does some damned good work! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Now who in their right mind would take a dremel and throw some lead in the nose of a perfectly good crankbait? :notworthy:

WOW, that is some good work Mo!!! If you get the itch to do some Rattle Traps, #5 Shadraps, or #200 Bandits I know a feller that would be glad to field test them down souf fer ya. :D

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Capt'Mo, I think you should send those to a fellow in the east who will nurture & keep those little peices of lure craft clean & neat. :lmao: :lmao: They do look good.
Oldfart

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
doin a repaint like that what steps do you take ie what all is involved

how much time to do just 1 average size bait (prep paint ect)

great work!!!

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
prep takes about 20minutes. take the hardware off, tape up the bill, lightly sand, you just want to scuff it a little so your primer has something to grab on to, spray with etching primer, this stuff drys real quick so after spraying you can be ready to paint in about 15-20min......painting, depending on the pattern between 10min to an hour. Clearcoat is the real fun part, takes alot of practice getting it just right. Lure turner is a must...

·
Registered
564 Posts
Hey Cracker........... What type of "lure turner" do you use??? Where do you find them, or how would you build one?? Do you have a pic?

I've looked at some, but they seem expensive, (for what you get) and really not that "sturdy" (if you know what I mean.)

Would appreciate any help.

:cool2:

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Cost me all of about 3 bucks to build mine! I had some scrap wood laying around, I cut 2 round disks about 12in in diameter. I bought a dowel which I put one disk on each end (after cutting dowel to size). Then I cut a couple pieces to use as a frame, Next I took apart an old microwave which my neighbor was throwing out, I use the carousel motor (2.5rpm) and attached to the frame and one end of the dowel. I attached screw in eyes every 6 or 8 in around the disks, piece of bent wire on one side and a snap attached to a rubber band on the other. wire it and your done. Here's a picture, I know you are lost after those instructions.......
If you want to only do a couple baits, you can use the motor,dowel, frame and just attach clips to the dowel!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Nope... followed you all the way. THANKS!

Now all I gots to do is find a low rpm motor and go to town. Heck I got all kinds of crap around here to build one.

Do you think the RPM is a big factor? I mean, could it be more or less (some) than the 2.5?

:cool2:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts