Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doc could you or any other electronics experts on the site please explain how these pros, especially the deep ledge guys ( Mark Rose for ex;)are running multiple sonar units. Many of these fellows have 2-10inch units used in conjunction with a smaller HDS5 or HDS7 at the bow. Why aren't the units interfering with each other? Where and how do they have all the transducers rigged? I tried to get one of the pros to answer by e-mail but he never responded. Does anyone here run a set-up like this? Thanks for your time . George

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I can only guess. I doubt that they are running 2d sonar on more than one unit unless they have 200 kHz on one and 83 kHz on another. One could be used for down or side scan while one is strictly used for maps.

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Jig Man said:
I can only guess. I doubt that they are running 2d sonar on more than one unit unless they have 200 kHz on one and 83 kHz on another. One could be used for down or side scan while one is strictly used for maps.
You can run one unit on 2d and the other on downscan or side scan while the other units are on stand by. If you watch Mark Rose or Edwin Evers they have 2 of the largest units on the bow. One of the units will be on chart while the other will be on one type of sonar, they do the same at the console. At the bow it is most advantageous when you are ledge fishing or deep structure fishing.
Rodney

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.