Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Lowrance HDS-5 and a LMS-520C that I have tied together via an ethernet cable in hopes that I could share transducers between them. My HDS-5 was updated yesterday with the latest software, and the LMS-5 is running 2.5.0 software. My HDS-5 only shows "this Unit" transducer as being available under source transducers. My 520C doesn't show any choices for transducers sources. Is there some menu item that I have to turn on on one unit or the other to get the 520C source transducer menu item to show up, and also make the HDS-5 recognize the transducer connected to the 520C as an available transducer?

Thanks for your help!!!!

Don

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply Doc. I do have the HDS set to Network sonar. My HDS only shows the "this unit" transducer as being available, and my 520C doesn't even show a menu line to select a transducer from. So, each unit still only sees the transducer that is connected to it, not the other units transducer.

Again, thanks for your reply, but I'm still not networked for some reason.

Don

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I decided to check the ethernet cable for continuity, and found that one of the pins didn't have continuity. So, problem solved. Purchased a new cable, and it works as it should.

Thanks again to Doc, for his reply. I had pulled what little is left of my hair out trying to figure this out!

Now, if the weather ever warms out, I'm ready to go.

Don

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.