Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I have one of the Quatum Codes, it's a good solid reel, but it doesn't adjust very well, it needs a little more variation in the settings as far as the casting goes, 1 setting it doesn't cast as far as I like it, you back it off to the next and the birds nest you end up with is massive, Ive tried adjusting the spool tension can't seem to get it right, finally went and got a Curado 200E7, super reel.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the BPS KVD code, I don't know if its the same reel but mine worked great for a year. Somehow the tension knob got stripped, and I couldn't throw anything under a half ounce with it after that. My only gripe is the new brake system, I had to set it on three or free spool to get distance with light lures.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I fish a code and I love it after setting it up for a 8inch worm and tossed it a few times it is smooth as heck. I was fishing up in Tenn this past labor day weekend went to set the hook on a big lunker and duhhhh forgot to set the drag but besides that no birds nest not even the thought of one.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have a Code reel and Rod setup that I bought at Dick's. I love it. The reel is very light and fits perfectly in my hand. I have had no problems with it. I have it rigged up with braid and use it for one of my Frog setups.

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
popr said:
I have one of the Quatum Codes, it's a good solid reel, but it doesn't adjust very well, it needs a little more variation in the settings as far as the casting goes, 1 setting it doesn't cast as far as I like it, you back it off to the next and the birds nest you end up with is massive, Ive tried adjusting the spool tension can't seem to get it right, finally went and got a Curado 200E7, super reel.
I have the black reel, butI most definitely agree. It seems to work best with larger lures. Smaller lures definitely backlash!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts