Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry i havnt been posting much there is just not alot of people on here anywhere close to where i live so i never read stuff about lakes around me on here. Anyways i have been taking my little aluminum boat out with my hummingbird 190 c fish finder to Pyramid Lake NV. I think i have been doing pretty good considering that I dont know (or didnt know) any honey holes on the lake. I have been averaging about 10 to 25 cutthroat trout per angler on my boat. I have mostly been fishing a big ledge that drops off from 11 to 35 feet about 150 yards from shore at a secret location. :tongue2: I have been casting spoons and trolling spoons and rapallas in an s pattern back and forth over the ledge. Here are some of the fish ive been catching.

[IMG]
[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/dxeej8.jpg

·
Registered
13,775 Posts
Jake,

Are those Lahontan Cutthroats? Very nice fish. :thumbup01: The Cuts I have caught before were much smaller. Do they have CutBows in Pyramid Lake also?

Great looking catches Jake and try to keep warm out there!!

·
Premium Member
6,888 Posts
Looking Good Jake, those are some really nice looking Cut's :thumbup01: but your makin me cold lookin at what your wearing :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CaptainMo said:
Jake,
Are those Lahontan Cutthroats? Very nice fish. :thumbup01: The Cuts I have caught before were much smaller. Do they have CutBows in Pyramid Lake also?

Yes they are. They have cutbows in the truckee river which runs into pyramid lake but I do not think that there is any in pyramid lake. But i could be wrong. I personally have never caught a cutbow in there.

·
Registered
543 Posts
JAKEFISHERMAN said:
CaptainMo said:
Jake,

Yes they are. They have cutbows in the truckee river which runs into pyramid lake but I do not think that there is any in pyramid lake. But i could be wrong. I personally have never caught a cutbow in there.
I got out to Pyramid for the first time this past October and was able to land two decent Lahontans. From what I heard during my research the salinity (or alkalinity) prevents any fish but the Lahontans, Sacramento perch and the chubs from living in the lake. Rainbows weren't able to adapt.

The place was awesome ... although camping out in a thunderstorm was dicey! If you like trout fishing, make it a point to get up to Pyramid Lake.

Jay Fat City
(back from a long bassholes absence)

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
WOW!!! Jake those are some great fish, keep the reports coming my friend, we love reading about your fishing. Man you look so cold!! :thumbup01: :clap: :thumbup01:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.