Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last February I came down with a sore throat, finally gave in, went to the doctor. They sent me to a ENT clinic. Nether could see anything. Last Friday I go back. "I have a problem and am not going home till ya'll fix it." By then I had both ears aching, a forever acute cough in spells, a little fever, and throat like I ate some crushed glass. They found lots to work on. "Jim, you waited much too long to come in. This is going to take a while to get over. Your throat is pitted from bacteria." That made me :cussin: mad. Long faces walked around after checking the record. 5 prescription drugs (free, on the house) later I went home to begin getting over acute bronchitis, throat infection that went to sinuses and ears, spasmic coughing, and chills. At least I can still type. The Lord heals and forgave the :cussin: rant.

Jim

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Hope ya get feeling better soon. Lord knows I hate it when I do get sick. Me and Nyquil become good friends lol.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
sorry to hear your still not better.your supposed to get htat crap in december so it is over when spring gets here!
get better soon.
rich

·
Registered
801 Posts
Jim I sure hope you get to feeling better soon. My prayers are with you.

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I stayed home due to sudden violent coughing spells. Folks at church prayed. While they did that I got all my meds out and researched it all on the web. Problem solved. I had bronchitis, diagnosed accurately. The antibiotic stopped that. The violent coughing contributed to falling to the bronchitis. The cough was being caused by a blood pressure medicine I shouldn't be taking now. My pressure has been low enough to get off it anyway. They didn't make the connection to the capozide. I had "Capozide cough" mixed in with a bronchitis cough. One of the meds for the bronchitis is an inhaler, Albuterol. That would have been a good choice except for a conflict with Nexium treating a throat problem. Combined with yet another conflicting med, a steroid pill that began with an injection of it is further complicating the cough. This cough brings me to my knees and exhausted, out of breath like a mule kicked me.

It pays to look over the doctor's shoulder. I had my insurance company duty nurse confirm my findings. They had a physician take over in some city on earth. The cough is a little better after getting a prescription phoned in to Walgreens (open 24/7 thankfully) but must be stopped, so I go back in Monday for reassessment. Turns out anyone can just register in a drug store for a bottle of some dandy cough medicine with codeine, and you can get another one after 48 hours. The prescription allows every 24 hours. Cool.

You don't have to let everyone and everything run all over you.

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya, dey practice on ME. Said bronchitis. Lady calls today, say "Don't go anywhere. You got Whoopin cough."

That came from sticking what seemed like a foot long cotton swab up my nose, scraping a sinus cavity. So now we know. They had some REALLY good cough syrup sent to me. "Throw dis once upon a time "really good stuff" in da trash, honey." I took one little spoon full and this warmth just started to flow through me. Hmmm. Must be what a bass feels basking in da hot sun. Whoa, no cough. Time for dis ole man to go to bed. 3:23 pm? You bet.

Nighty night all.

Jim

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hope they got it right this time, Jim. If not, SUE THERE A$$. ;) Practice or Malpractice?! BPS will love you if you win. :baitmonkey: Seriously, I hope you kick this crap, whatever you have.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts