Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
Awesome review Matt, they really took an indepth look at your predator jigs. You have really come up with a winner in that jig. Way to go!!! :thumbup01: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
38 Posts
BNF (me) definitely was impressed by The Predator Jig ;)
I'm a tackle junkie to day the least, and I really appreciate the thought and design that has gone into these jigs. Matt didn't just make different sizes, he thought through each size and made adjustments based on it's application. the different line tie orientations, sculpting of the jigheads etc takes time and effort, and I'm happy to say that it shows in the end result. I love throwing baits that I know have great thought and attention to detail behind them, it gives me confidence that they won't let me down when i get THAT bite.

I also think what is really great about this jig is that it fills a tackle need for structure that most people are intimidated by, which is submerged wood. I honestly don't know why the head design comes through the maze of branches and stuff as well as it does, but it gives you the confidence to present your lures in those nasty spots where the likelihood of the dominant bass residing is the highest. If you snag up, which you inevitably will when fishing the nasty stuff for big fish and lose the jig, it's not a walletbuster and $2.79. If you get a bite, it's up to the rest of your tackle and skill to extract that fish which is even more fun than getting the jig in there in the first place.

As for the 11/10 value, it's deserved! Hook? Mustad Ultrapoint, not skimped, and hook size optimally adjusted for each size of jig . Jighead? Each size individually designed, the paint is durable and is even with no drips or missed spots, and each head is consistently cast with no manufacturing mess ups like drips or voids. Skirt? 55 and 58 strands of quality colors, with quality silicone that stays looking nice after heavy cover abuse. As I mentioned in the review, I'm not super fond of the rubber rattle collar, because I don't use rattles, but also because they don't seem to last. But to be fair so far I haven't lost a skirt, so the collar is working well enough.

But yeah. I'll be updating the review over the season, as I do to all my reviews, but it really pushed all the right buttons for me ;)

·
Premium Member
6,888 Posts
Most definitely a great review on a quality product! :thumbup01: :thumbup01: :thumbup01: :thumbup01:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
bowhunter63 said:
Looks like something i would love to throw,Im a tackle junkie. Thanks for sharing. :bassmaster: :flw:
You can not go wrong with Moaner products. Give them a try!

Brandon

G

·
Fantastic review. I can tell you from experience the jigs flat out rock. Even though I have only tried the the 1/4 oz finesse jig I got to tell you it works. That was one of only 2 lures that got fish in the boat last tournament. I was able to catch more fish in one day all small mouth then any other time on the water. If it wasn't for my unrefined small mouth fitting ability and poor choice in line and rod setup I would of had 20 lbs of small mouth in the boat and would of won. In the end though being able to boat 20 + smallies on just one jig was awesome, and I must say the trailer keeper worked as advertised. I was able to catch all those fish on only 2 trailers the whole day and the only reason why I needed 2 was to adjust color as the conditions changed. Great bait and will have to order more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.