Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, I wanted to know just how much 33 grams of sugar is (amount of sugar found in Lipton Brisk lemon flavored ice tea) I have been drinking several a day lately. So I found out that 4 grams of sugar is equal to 1 teaspoon. So that means roughly 8 teaspoons plus a little extra is how much sugar I am digesting each time I drink 1 12 ounce can of ice tea.

I decided to take a picture of this to show everyone how much sugar this really is.

Yikes, this is a standard wine glass I have and look how much sugar is in there. What if I drink 2 or 3 cans a day? I used to drink 6 cokes a day when I was younger. Not for a long time. I have drank allot of diet drinks but that is going to be stopping also.

Folks, this is scary.

Check this link out about sugar and you decide if you want this much in your diet:

http://www.calorie-count.com/forums/post/9722.html

No more Lipton ice tea for me. Plus, I am cutting back on diet drinks as Aspartame and Sucraluse etc are not good for us either.

Just thought I would share this with you all.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh hell, sugar is good for you. LOL Its like the post Pegleg put up on "BACON GREASE" LOL :rofl1: :lmao:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have yall heard now that "dark chocolate" is now good for your heart and can reduce the rates of heartattacks among men and women.

Several years ago chocolate, of any kind, would kill you. LOL My My, how times have changed.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Pour ourselves a glass of Sweet tea and just look at how much sugar is in th

I heard that too about Dark Chocolate.

I think Sugar on the other hand is hurting us. We consume more sugar then any other nation and we are the fatest nation.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Pour ourselves a glass of Sweet tea and just look at how much sugar is in th

KeithsCatch said:
I heard that too about Dark Chocolate.

I think Sugar on the other hand is hurting us. We consume more sugar then any other nation and we are the fatest nation.
Does beer have anything to do with that too...... :cheers: :chug: LOL :lmao: :rofl1:

But on a serious note, I now what your saying Keith.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts

A serious problem, for sure. Some high school friends of mine have been worried sick over their grand children. Number 3 has begun first grade after numbers 1 & 2 were immediately slapped on Ritalin for hyper activity. I suggested they investigate the sugar consumption. Sure enough, too much. Number 3 won't be taking Ritalin! I suspect millions of kids are on that stuff simply because they eat too much sugar. When those kids grow up they will find the military doesn't want them, and a lot of businesses avoid them.

Check out the Glycemic Index. It helps sort the good from the bad foods. You don't have to be diabetic to appreciate this tool. http://www.mendosa.com/gilists.htm It just might save a life for a reader here.

Jim

·
Registered
641 Posts
That's good info. Jim, thanks. I know what you are saying regarding kids, my son's teachers keep complaining to his mother and I that he should be on something, we actually had to get his Dr. to write a note to them that it is called Down Syndrome not ADHD, kids will be kids, and they don't realize that when they give the kids a reward which happens to be candy or something sweet that they bring the hyper activity on themselves - idiots. Some of them are there for a paycheck and as we find so common these days in all facets of life, they don't want to work for their money.

Hell, a little sugar is good for ya especially if she is good lookin and not on penicillin
:rofl1: Too funny TCB!!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Has anyone read the the article I posted the link to? Just curious.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts