Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what kind of areas do you guys look for when searching tidal waters for post spawn bass? I've been doing kind of poorly here the past week or two and I'm still fairly new to tidal bass fishing. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
295 Posts
What Tidal system are you fishing, if its the CA Delta let us know I think there are a few Delta Rats lurking and posting around here.

On The CA Delta post spawn means Bloop Bloop (BIG CHUGGERS, Prop Baits and Pop-R(type Baits) These fish are typically transitioning from the shallow water flats and moving out toward deeper water. Given that its a tidal system, the fish typically are moving up and down as well as heading back out to the deeper water ledges. I would fish the outside weed lines, with a bubba shot, jig as well as a crank bait on the deeper weed edge or ledges. Tulle islands that have the deeper cuts where the Outgoing tide is sheering into is where I would start to focus, the same fish that were on the shallow side of these islands will first suspend for a few days on the deeper stuff, then start migrating to their summer haunts.

G

·
Fish the same areas you did in pre spawn.

Look for areas where they can ambush prey while sitting in slack water. Eddies and current breaks positioned around spawning areas is where I would be looking. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.