Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 20 of 794 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am Jared and I am the owner and administrator of The Bassholes. I am 42 and live in Darlington, South Carolina. My home lakes are Santee Cooper, Cooper River, Lake Wateree and Lake Murray. I also love to fish several of the smaller ponds, rivers and lakes around here, such as Prestwood Lake and Lake Robinson.

I run a Triton TR186 but I also love to fish out of smaller boats. My favorite to fish out of is a canoe. I can toss it on the roof of my Explorer and stick it in small out of the way bodies of water that haven't seen an angler in ages. :thumbup01: Although I don't get to fish as often these days as I once did. This is mostly due to always working on the site. However I wouldn't have it any other way. I live for this site.

This site is my baby and I love doing all i can to give you, the members, the very best. If I find a way to give the members something that looks nicer, works better, informs more or helps make your time on The Bassholes more enjoyable, I will stop at nothing attempting to make it so. As far as I am concerned my needs and wants always come second to The Bassholes and it's members :D

If I had to describe my fishing, I am a fool for a soft jerkbait! I love to fish a soft jerkbait and I am more than positive that I fish one far too often. I cant help it though, it's just so fun for me. ;)

I am so glad to see everyone who comes and joins us here on The Bassholes. I consider every one of you a friend and my email inbox and my PM inbox are always open to each and every one of you. If you have a problem, a thought, a suggestion, a question or even just want to shoot the breeze, I'm only a few keystrokes away. :D I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you. After all, that is why I started The Bassholes... to create a warm friendly atmosphere where anglers of all experience levels, from all walks of life and regardless of age, sex or race could come and hang out and just talk fishing and make friends with others who share the same passion all while being able to learn everything we could ever want to know about bass fishing and fishing in general.

Glad to meet you all, Jared

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now I ask everyone to please introduce yourself in this thread, as I have. (even if you have done it elsewhere on the site already) No worries if you aren't as long winded as me. No worries if you are even more long winded than me. Make your introduction as short or as long as you want. Either way, we are just glad to meet you and look forward to getting to know more about you.

Thank you, Jared

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Hello,

My name is Kenny,and live in Granite Falls,NC.Married to Rosemary and we have one child.My home lakes are Hickory,Rhodhiss,Norman,Kerr,and Granite Falls Mill pond.I like using Jigs,crankbaits,Texas rig,and Carolina Rig.Use Javelin 367 and best of all love getting out with family to fish.Fish North Carolina BFL.Take a kid fishing.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
My name is Perry, aka Topwater. I'm a Database Administrator or Computer System Administrator by profession. I've been in the computer profession for about 20 years. It, over the last several years, has become passion #2. I'll let you guess what passion #1 is... :cool1:

I live in San Antonio Texas. I mostly fish Choke Canyon Reservoir, Falcon Lake, and Lake Amistad, but Choke mostly. There are a few other lakes, but these are the most frequent.

I'm very inquisitive and prefer things that are logical. Hence the questions and responses you'll see me giving. I prefer to know why and how something happens so I can try to interpret what will happen next.

I've been fishing for bass only about 3 years. I found this site during the first year and have been an active member ever since. :tbh: :thumbup01: :clap:

I fish about 75 days a year and I fish exclusively for Largemouth Bass.

I spend about 2 hours a day learning about bass fishing and wouldn't have it any other way.

I work so I can fish and fish to help remove the stresses of work.

Perry

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
My name is Josh and I live just outside Princeton/Trenton New Jersey. I am 25 and work for the largest privately held Limo Company in NJ, doing sales. Once April hits, I fish for trout, segway into fishin for Largemouth, Smallies and Pike. My favorite hard bait is my Red Eye Shad Lipless Crankbait. My favorite soft bait is tough, sometimes they are hittin Lizards, sometimes T-Rigged worms but almost always will hit a tender tube. chartreuse tends to do well. I don't own a boat but my buddy dan has 14' flat bottom that definitely gets the job done. we fish lots of local streams, lakes, ponds and retention water and we take trips up to north jersey to Round Valley Reservoir and Spruce run Reservoir.

-Tight Lines :fishing02:
-Josh

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Hello everyone!I'm Wayne Chute from st. Catharines Ontario Canada(about 15 minutes from Niagara Falls)I'm a heavy truck and coach mechanic and very avid fisherman, I'm married to the mst beautiful woman in the world for the past 18 years and have 2 great kids Codey who is 17 and Chase who is 12, we are a very fishing related familly, and pride ourselves with traveling around the country fishing everywhere's we can wet a line, i love tournament fishing and it takes a great familly to support you in that!It's always a great feeling to come off the water from fishing all day and when weighing seeing your wife and kids there cheering you on, makes me feel very blessed to have them support me so!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello:
My name is Joe, and I live in Sebring, Florida. There are many fine lakes and the Kissimee River near me, so I just purchased an 09' Tracker PT175TXW with a 50hp Mercury. It's only my second boat, and I'm really pleased with it. I'm retired, so I have plenty of time to use it and I plan to.

There is a lot of good information on this site, and I appreciate the chance to learn something here.

·
Registered
315 Posts
hello my name is duke .marriedto wife carolefor 13.5yrs [seems forever at times] we have 7 children between us and 12 grand kids.we live on lake tenkiller.in oklahoma. i fish lake mostly. couple tournys a year.if your fishing tenkiller and i'm out there i got the little boat.i fish as much as i can now.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm Seth, I'm 17, and I live in Jellico, TN. I've been fishing since I was old enough to hold a rod. I do most of my fishing on Norris Lake, although I sometimes venture out to Cherokee Lake. I also fish in a lot of ponds and creeks. I'll fish for just about anything, but my favorite is bass. My boat(actually my dad's boat :grin:) is a Bass Tracker Pro Team 185 XT, 90hp Mercury. I use A LOT of soft plastics(worms, lizards, tubes, crawdads, etc.), but I also use spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, and hard baits. If I'm not fishing, hunting, or browsing :tbh:, I can usually be found on xbox live. My gamertag is randomperson3, and those of you with xbox live should feel free to send a friend request. I've only been on the forums for about a week, but I have already learned a good deal of information, and I would like to thank all of you for being some of the nicest people on the internet

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Well done, Jared. :clap:

My name is Jaison and I live in Roanoke, VA. I found this site through the kind assistance of Oldschool, Oldfart and Ouachita but they may not know that. I fish small water a lot (often walking the bank) but I'm in a bass club, too. When I'm fishing with my dad, which is not often enough the older he gets, it's usually for whatever he wants to fish for. But, when it's tournament time, the competition is on. :champion:

I follow the pros but I'm more focused on the quality of fishing rather than the quality of fish caught, if that makes sense. I love football, pro and college, but I'd take a day on the water over a hard stadium seat any day. Paintball and archeology fall in there too, but only as distant passions compared to fishing. :cheers:

I consider The Bassholes to be a sincere blessing and I'm proud to be a member. In my opinon, the community that Jared has created is amazing given the tendency of this world to mock and deride the good things in it. I'm also a member of BASS and have a weekly column and sporadic articles on their website.

I don't ever remember not fishing, although bass have been my real addiction for the last 10 years or so. :fishing02:

·
Registered
13,775 Posts
Hello there! My name is Morgan and I’m addicted to fishing. I took the 12 Step Program, but it didn’t help me. :lmao: I’m one of the Moderators that is here to help make all of your stays more pleasant and informative at TheBassholes.

I live in Southern Wisconsin and fish Wisconsin lakes, as well as Minnesota lakes. As far as Wisconsin goes, I fish the Madison Chain of lakes as well as a few others close by, as well as a lot of the lakes up by Spooner/Siren area. Benoit, McKenzie, Yellow, Clam, Tego, to name a few. When in Minnesota I fish lakes around the Crosby/Ironton/Brainerd/Mille Lacs area. Blackhoof, Gull, Serpent, Rabbit.

I target Bass first and foremost, but if they’re not hitting, I’ve been know to chase Pike or Walleye. I run a 2007 Smokercraft ProMag with a Merc Optimax on the backend, Minnkota Trolling Motor, Lowrance electronics.

I do the majority of my fishing with my 16 yr old son. I’ve had some of the best times in the past couple of years since I got a new rig and he and I have got to spend days upon days of time on the water together. That’s what fishing has been all about to me mostly, spending time with my son…Hard saying how much longer that will continue now that he has a car and a license and has found out girls aren’t such a bad thing…LOL :lmao:

If all goes as planned I will be fishing a couple of different tournament formats this year. This will be new territory for me, and luckily I have had the last few months here on TheBassholes to learn things that I never would have anywhere else. :notworthy: :notworthy: I've learned more than I ever thought imaginable thanks to all the members and site staff.

It’s a pleasure to meet you all, and if you have any questions on the site, please don’t hesitate to ask. You’ll find everybody willing to share ideas and suggestions readily. Stop by the Tuesday Night Chats and meet some of the other members and the site staff.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello BassHoles

I am Jeff, and I live in Kennewick, Washington. I grew up in the Midwest and have fished for Bass since I was 5 or 6. I am 38 now and a Locomotive Engineer. I am lucky to have some of the best Smallmouth fishing in the Country in my back yard here on the Columbia River. There are some awesome Lakes close by as well with some Green fish too. I have been fishing in Team tournaments for 5 or 6 years now off and on, but plan to get more serious beginning this year (as a result of work schedules changing a bit).

I also pour my own jigheads and tie my own jigs ( both flipping and football ) It helps keep me sane in the Winter and gives me gratification to have guys ask for them and even more to catch fish on them.

I am looking forward to getting to know some of you and possibly forming positive relationships in the future.

If you guys are looking for exposure to new eyes.........the West (NorthWest) is a clean slate. Literally, 90 % of the stuff I have found on this site ( Ad-wise)...is new to me. I am a fishing info junkie and just recently stumbled onto this site........which I really enjoy.

I hope to be sharing success stories from this years tournaments .......and I wish all of you good luck in yours this year.

( I have 1 in April, 2 in May, 2 in June, 1 In July, 2 in Aug, and the Championship in Sept)

Bass Wishes !

:redratltrap:

:victory:

The pic is from an Open Tournament last year, we had 22 pounds on day one and were in 7th......first had 32 pounds.....Unreal for Washington (Surprised all of us)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Hey Bassholes!!!

My name is Jennifer (Screen Name BackofHisSkeeter)

I live in North Richland Hills Texas, I fish with a couple of local clubs here in North Texas sometimes heading out to those East Texas Lakes as well. My home lake is Grapevine in Grapevine TX,
I started fishing with my husband, as we needed a direction to take our relationship, we needed a common bond. Fishing together has made us stronger and I have really learned to relax.
The bait monkey is seriously a part of my life just upgraded my tackle bag last night.. I now seriously could almost take the kitchen sink if I wanted to.

I get to fish Lake Fork for my first time in two weeks and I am so very excited I cannot even stand myself.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Hey everybody

My name is Brian(aka popr) I live in Texarkana, Tx which is actually a border city half in Ar. and half in Tx, I'm the director of Fishers of Men ArkLaTex Division. I've lived here all my life except for 1 year that I lived in Greenville SC, during that time I fished Hartwell, Murry Clarks hill and a few others, but I got homesick and moved back. I'm married to a great wife/best friend for the past 18 yrs I have 4 children, 2 girls, 2 boys, I'm disabled after 7 back surg. my home lakes are Wright Patman lake and Millwood lake, lures I like to use the most are popr's chugger type baits( who would have guessed) I also like to use the old baits that the fish haven't seen in years. So that's about it, have a blessed day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all. I live in Gold Hill N.C. and fish High Rock lake ,Tuckertown, Badin and Tillery. I also fish many tournaments on Lake Norman, Wylie and Murray. Recently finished 2nd on Lake Wylie ( right before the snow storm hit). Like the web site that Bassholes has and looking forward to chatting with other members. I drive a fuel tanker and see alot lakes which I 'd rather fishing on while working. I hope this site will benefit all members with information and can share info when members are fishing each others home lakes. Here from you'all soon.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Hello everyone. My name is Kevin Rush, aka ksbasser. I live in Wichita KS. I've been married for almost 21 years. I have 3 daughters, ages 19, 17, and 16. I've been fishing since I was a kid. I am a bass addict and I need to find that 12 step program Mo was talking about :rofl1: Seriously though, I love bass fishing but will fish for anything that bites. The only good bass fishing close to Wichita is private farm ponds and some comunity lakes. It's a 2 to 3 hour drive to the closest decent bass resovoir. I have a 14 ft game fisher with an 18 hp for the small lakes and my father and I have just finished restoring our 92 model 20 ft bullet with a 200 merc. We have recently started fishing some tournaments at Grand, OK and LOZ MO. I think this site is great and I have made several acquaintances with some great people here. I hope some of the information I have shared is as helpfull to others as the new information has been to me. I have recently started cleaning and repairing fishing reels as a side hobby and am really getting into the super tuning and customizing end of it. Look for some reports in the future as I am getting ready to do some testing and comparisons on all the major reel lubricants. I hope to determine for myself exactly what , if any differences in casting distance can be achieved with the use of each brand of oil.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
My name is Steve,49yrs old.Married for 14.5yrs to Margaret,3step-kids,7grandkids,1grt-grandkid.We live in Cedar Hill,MO.I'm a Single-Ply Membrane Technician(that's a roofer for the laymen out there) 21yrs.
I've been fishing since about '64,bass fishing seriously since '84.I've had a 14ft semi-vee pond-hopper since '89.Pretty much stopped using it in '95 when the bud's got their real boats.In '07 we bought an '06 Alumacraft MV1756RR w/ 115/80 Merc jet.Runs in less than 6in of water."We go where some will NEVER go".
B.A.S.S. mbr,NAFC.life mbr,Anglers Legacy Ambassador,TinBoats mbr. Not affiliated with any bass clubs, lone wolf I guess.
I've fished Horsetooth Res.(5 lb Smallie)and Boyd lake in CO;KY Lake;Table Rock,Mark Twain,Clearwater,Council Bluff,LOZ,Truman lakes;Meramac,Big,Gasconade Rivers in MO.Have yet to get on the BIG 2(MO & MISS),as the wife hasn't gotten her nerve up yet.Maybe I'll get her out there this year.
Margaret just started fishing last year,so that is a big plus in our lives.Her very first fish was a 20in4lb Largemouth.Now she is hooked for life.The only problem with that is it cost twice as much to go to BPS now.lol
Steve :bassmaster:

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Hello all. My name is Nathan Gravert i'm 21 and live in Clinton, Iowa and fish the mississippi and some of the other small lakes around the area. Throughout my childhood I fished for just about anything, but really only bass fished on a pond. When i graduated high school I bought a champion bass boat and went to work on the river learning every nook and cranny. i've become addicted to tournament fishing and bass fishing in General and other than a trip to the ottertail area of MN I concentrate on bass as much as possible.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Hello everybody. My name is Kevin MacDonald a.k.a splitshot11 I'm 38years old and live in St.Catharines Ontario Canada and I'm a fishing addict.There is no help for me.I married my highschool sweetheart and have 9yr old twins.I live in an area of the country that is second to none when it comes to the multitude of species available to be caught weather by boat or from shore.Within 20-30 min's drive from my house one can fish for anything from crappie to coho salmon and anything in between. Bass of coarse is what I live and die for. I've fished since i was knee high to a grasshopper but the last couple of years myself and Wayne Chute a.k.a waynec started getting into tournament fishing, nothing big, some charity tournaments and local open tournaments. Having being able to hold my own in these tournaments against some of the top guys around here I've decided to join my local Bassmasters chapter this year and look forward to competing against some of the best anglers in the area. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Hello everyone, my name is Joe a.k.a Smokin Joe. I live in Niagara Falls, Ontario. I'm 41 years old have an 8 year old son that is my fishing partner. We fish pretty much all the species our area offers. Which as splitshot11 stated is second to none. I've been fishing for 37 years and being as I was born and raised in Northern Virginia I had the pleasure of fishing the Chesapeak Bay for 25 of these years. Then moving to Niagara Falls I've also had the pleasure of fishing Lake Erie, Lake Ontario among various lakes and streams for all types of species. I fish a lot of small local tournements and derby's and my son and I have had the pleasure of fishing with WayneC and Splitshot11 a few times, one with wayne resulting in my son's PB smallmouth.

1 - 20 of 794 Posts