Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dance01: Fishin gals, what's your plans for the New Year?
Tourneys, fun fishin, or just hangin out at the lake or river? I am sooooo lookin forward to 2011...:dunno: trying to decide which series to go with? Will be fishing a Couples Trail for sure & maybe one other series plus any open tourneys we can fit in. Just love bassin :fish:

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Right now my plans are to fish the LBAA, money tournaments here and there, continue to work with the kids in fishing, do a little guiding on our lakes, and if time allows, fish a few club tournaments.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:clap: Robin, that sounds awesome! We also will do our yearly Cast for Kids & would love to have our local bass club maybe do a Kid's Fishing Day in conjunction with TPWD & maybe the city of Abilene. Think I will approach them with the idea. Any suggestions on this? Is your local bass club big? Any other gals fishin?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Hello Carolyn, thank you for introducing me to this site. It looks great.

Bassing fishing is not very big in South Africa, I am the only woman on our local Bassing.co.za site but I must say Im loving it.

I fish the Kick Boat Bass Classic, which is growning each year. Im hoping to go a lot better this year as I blanked my first to comps :dunno:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:dance01: Am sooooooo excited u joined The Bassholes! Here, there is no bashing of others or negative comments! U will find a wealth of information & if u have any questions, there r many here that will gladly help out! Please do not be afraid to ask questions...the guys & gals here r used to me asking:) I have & still am learning so much from this forum! U r setting a wonderful example for other girls in S Africa & I commend u on that! Blanking on your tourneys....honey, don't feel lonesome! There have been many times I would fish a tourney & not even get a bite, but I keep going. It took awhile to be considered among the men, but now I am competing with them & doing fairly well. They support & encourage me which is awesome! Debbie, please keep us posted on your tourneys!

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Carolyn, my club actually is probably considered large. We have around 100 members (including family) with an average of 8-12 women who consistently fish each tournament, we have other ladies who fish as well, but they do not fish every month. Our juniors are both female and male - the youngest is just about 4 (but she really hasn't fished yet) and our oldest are in high school. We actually have several female junior anglers who are quite good. Two are 13 and one is 16.

If you have a contact at the TPW, that is who I would start with as far as getting kids events going. If not, I do have a friend, who is involved with the TPW here and I can ask her who you need to speak with if you would like me too. I would think the TPW close to your area would be the one's.

Sometimes the first time that you do something for the kids, go small, and it will grow - with volunteers, participants, and companies possibly wanting to do something to help you out.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Since I just moved to the triad area of NC, I'm not sure about any tournaments, unless I get invited or go as a co-angler. I know for sure I will be doing alot of fun fishing with friends and family. I fished tournaments for 6 yrs, and took 2 years off, but I am ready to fish tournaments again if the opportunity arises. :fishing02:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:thumbup01: Robin, thanks for the info, I will contact TPW & get more info! We do Cast For Kids each year which is a total success & so much fun, but just wanted to expand on it. Sounds like your local club is awesome!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cassandra09 said:
Since I just moved to the triad area of NC, I'm not sure about any tournaments, unless I get invited or go as a co-angler. I know for sure I will be doing alot of fun fishing with friends and family. I fished tournaments for 6 yrs, and took 2 years off, but I am ready to fish tournaments again if the opportunity arises. :fishing02:
:thumbup01: Cassandra, good luck with your fishing! Sounds like u will have fun with your friends & family & I kno the opportunity will arise for u to once again, tournament fish! It's awesome! Keep us posted:)

·
Registered
929 Posts
Thank you Carolyn. I will keep you posted on how our Tourneys go.

I dont get to the Bassholes site that often as Im pretty busy at work during the day and a night I have two big men I need to feed and give TLC too :thumbup01:

And I also need to spend time on our bassing forum so Im spread pretty thin.

My boss is away in Australia this week, so I have a little time during the day now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I AM THE ONLY FEMALE IN MY CLUB HAVE FISHED WITH THEM FOR ABOUT 8 YEARS IM TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR AND HAVE BEEN FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS NOW I AM A BOATER WITH A 18FTWINNER BASS BOAT AND THE HUBBY HAS A 18 FT RANGER BASS BOAT I HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO GIVE THEM A RUN FOR THIER MONEY AND I ALSO WORK AT BASS PRO SHOPS IN THE FISHING DEPT AND HAVE BEEN THERE FOR 8 YEARS AGAIN THE ONLY FEMALE SO I HAVE MY WORK CUT OUT FOR ME I HAVE TO STAY UPONTOP OF MY GAME ALSO TWO YEARS AGO I WENT TO VIRGINIA AND CAME AWAY WITH THE STATE RECORD LONG NOSE GAR 41 INCHES WOW WHAT A CATCH THAT WAS. LOVE EVERY CHANCE I GET TO GET OUT ON THE WATER

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.