Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If yall recall, I was going to Dicks today ( as BPS isnt opened up here yet )

I get to Dicks this morning and im looking up and down the fishing sections, looking at all the lures they have. No ' robo worms ' there. They had a sale on ' excaliber ' lures. I believe it was 2 for $5 . They was in a big box, so I dumped them all in my shopping cart and put them back in the box one by one so I could look at them all. They didnt have any lipless cranks though. I ended up getting a couple of shallow cranks.

I went and looked at the reels next. I seen one that caught my attention right away. The Pinnacle Carrera Titanium ( CRTLP10 ). It had a price of $139.99 Then it was marked down to $59.99 . I said hmmmm, may I see this reel ? I played with it awhile and told the guy I wanted it for that price. So, he got me one from the back.

I dont know anything about this reel, but figured for the price I couldnt or wouldnt pass it up.

So, any of yall got any feed back on this reel ? Good or bad I'd like to know.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I just got the exact reel recently. I love it!!! I have it spooled with 15lb McCoy line. It is so smooth. I think you are going to be very pleased with it. You got a great deal I think!!! :clap:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Pinnacle is a company that makes reels for other companies. I can't think of who off the top of my head. What I have seen of their brand so far has looked impressive. Good luck with the new reel.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I spooled up all of my reels with it. I fished the whole WBT tourney with it and never broke off on anything... I retie often and always check for rough spots on my line though... I love that line. It doesn't have memory either... Did I say I love it? I sure did! :clap:

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have three pinnacle reels, they are Lucerns which they don't make any longer and I really love them. I almost bought a Carrera last week and will probably get one in the very near future. My reels are extremely smooth and I know I'd like the Carrera. Currently, all my Pinnacles are spooled with Yo-Zuri hybred which works great with those reels. Enjoy, you got a good reel!! :dance01:

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, the Pinnacle Carrera Titanium ( CRTLP10 ) I bought at Dick's took a big ole dump.

The reel got to where it wouldnt ' engage ' after you cast it. I took it apart a few times trying to see where the problem was at. But no dice.( if you 'jiggled' the handle it would finaly engage )

So I called customer service and they are sending me a ' store credit ' for the ammount of the reel. I asked if they wanted the reel back. He said NO. So, I say, you think its a piece of junk too, huh lol. Yes, he laughed also.

After I get my money errr store credit cupon , ( and I know for sure they dont want the reel back... even though he said no ) Im gonna take it to a guy that works on reels and see if its worth fixing ( price wise to me )

Sad thing is, I dont think I even caught a fish on it. ( dont recall for sure )

·
Registered
801 Posts
I still like mine... No problems.

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I took this reel to TRY and get it fixed. The reel mechanic said the ' clutch plate ' was broke. If I could get the part he could fix it for me.

I just get off the phone with Pinnacle and they said this was a ' special ' reel made for a few places ( whatever ! ) The guy couldnt even find the part ! So, I gave him my email address in hopes he can track the part down for me. ( hope he got the email address correct as I have that nasty summer time cold / flu and im sure I aint talking to great.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Sorry to hear you are sick. I sure hope you get to feeling better.
It is a "special" reel :thumbup01:, I got mine from a special friend. Maybe they can find that part...

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
"special"?? hmmm lol

isnt that special!

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
:tongue2: ;) :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:
couldn't let that slip by without someone saying it!!!!!!!!!!!
:rofl1:
rich

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I talked to Pinnacle yesterday and they was supposed to of sent me an email with the scematics because he wasnt sure of the ' terminology ' the reel guy used saying ' clutch brake '. Pinnacle said he didnt see that part listed.

Well, I never received the email, so I just called him back. After talking about my problem with the reel, he thinks he knows what it is and gonna send me the part. I asked how much is it ? He just said give me your name and mailing info.

So, we shall see what happens.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts