Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wind was blowing bout 20 all day and then bout 10 all night it was a rough ride and the fishing was tough. 11lbs won the tourny caught em on a spinner bait. my partner caught 3 fish that wighed 8lbs on a buzzbait. i had one fish on a lizard. next tourny is a on bay springs.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: fished pickwick today

its a small club that hasnt been going for long its called the franklin county bassmasters or we just call it franklin bass club

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pickwick lake nov 17

fished a tourny out of mcfarland park and had a blast. me and my partner weighed in 14.3 with big fish of 4.8 lbs we got second place with first being 14.6. it was close but i had fun. we caught fish on a variety of baits. watermelon red was the color

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Re: pickwick lake nov 17

awesome man!!! thats the same park the Stren series is putting in at in june, so maybe we can get together when i pre fish? a little local knowledge never hurt nobody! Dave

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

i didnt catch any when they was pulling current the wind was what i used to catch fish. where i caught my limit was the wind was blowing down the creek and out into the river so i thought to my self if there is a drop on this point maybe the fish will be waiting for a meal and sure enough about 10lbs if bass was waiting in that one place, then we went and found a place where rocks was comoing out into the main lake and it formed an eddie and caught another good fish. i havent ever really fished that end of the lake so i was like well the wind is getting on my nerves and im getting tired so i pull into a creek channel and started to fish i was pitchin a jig into about 5 foot of water and bouncing it off of a drop to about 11 foot and thats where i got my 4.8 pounder my partner was throwing blades and caught a good fish on the SB and then i thought i had another big one and it was about an 7-8 lb drum, my freind missed a good keeper on the SB and it was time to go. i mostly hit the points and rocks and fished facing the current i read that the fish face to current so i tried to throw and come back into thier faces. i exspected everyone else to bring in way better fish than i did b/c thats how it always is if im doing good someones doing better lol.

awesome man!!! thats the same park the Stren series is putting in at in june, so maybe we can get together when i pre fish? a little local knowledge never hurt nobody! Dave

sure if im availlbe i will help you out but im not that famillar with that end as i am on the pickwick damn end and thats at night but im sure i will fish it alot more by then,

about the pics i really wish i had some but i didnt bring my camera.

i my club tourny there december first i hope i can reproduce the numbers i did nov 17.

thanks lance i think you had worse things to think about than catching fish that day lol

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

nope but it was the same color i tied the one you gave me on after i broke the one i caught it on off lol. if it would have been i would owe some of it to ya huh lol

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
pickwick lake jan5

i fished pickwick lake on sat. and the fishing was pretty good. it was a club tourny and everyong but two people weighed in a limit of fish. i had 4th place with 9.18 and 3rd was 10.52 2nd was 11.34 and 1st was 11.50. i didnt think i had done as good as i did. the fish where holding close to rocks and wat is left of the grass in about 20 foot of water. we fished from 7-5 i caught my last keeper at 4:30 i just keept on fishing i think my best was about 2 and half pounds. i caught my fish on a buzzbait first thing that morning and then a jig and the rest came from a watermelon red trick worm.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
fished pickwick today best 5 would maybe hit 12-14 i had one that went over 5 and one that went 3 lbs and some 14 inchers the big one had half its tail gone so they are making there beds it might get tough up there before long.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts