Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear I just cant catch a break! lol

If some of you have noticed Ive been on all day and then barely or not at all in the evening the past 2 days. Reason is, my PC at home is really screwing up. I have no clue whats happening but I can click on IE to go to the site and IE will NEVER open. Not only will IE not open but neither will any other program unless i reboot and dont try to open IE or my mail first. Also, CNTRL ALT DEL will do NOTHING. Its driving me crazy! I left the house this morning with virus scan running to see if I have one. Im hoping thats the problem. If not I see no solution except redoing my system Sunday.

If anyone has any other ideas t o save me from redoing my system id love to hear them.

Anyway, until i can get my home pc straightened out, I am limited to my PC at work, which means i am limited to what ic an do. Fortunately today and tomorrow my boss is going fishing so I am hoping to find a little extra time to do what I need to on the site.

Sorry for any inconvenience this causes anyone.

G

·
I wish I could help you out but this is where I come for help when my computer messes up. Good luck to ya and I hope you get it fixed quickly.

:fishing01: :fishing02:

G

·
Now you know why I use Firefox? IE is so bug ridden that I can't stand it.

Have you tried to go back to a known setting that worked? You can use System Restore to go back to saved restore points when the computer ran fine.

Easiest way to do this is to go to the Start menu select run and type msconfig in the run window. This opens up the system configuration utility. On this window there is a button that says Launch System Restore. Click on that and select go back in time to an earlier setting. This will redo your computer back to that time frame. If you have saved lots of stuff to your computer it will erase it if it was not on the computer at that time.

This is why you should create restore points anytime you add new software to the computer in case it screws something up.

Hope that helps?

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
duh I forgot about using a restore. I wil try that tonight.

and its not just IE its also Windows Explorer, Outlook, Outlook Express, umm even my Antivirus wouldnt open this morning. Its aggravating.

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
All those programs are Microsoft's. Microsoft is being heavily bombarded by hackers trying to brining them down. They are disabling Microsoft programs as fast as possible after each update. Mozilla is not being targeted, considered an answer to Microsoft's monopoly. Mozilla's Firefox is free and every bit as good as IE. I'm on Firefox now and never have a problem, and have had no viruses since getting on it.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/launch/?utm_id=Q406&utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=postlaunch&gclid=CJfKpJX6g4wCFRlmWAodHmIMzQ

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Jared, I have a fine adjustment tool you can borrow if you need to. It is a 10lb head on a 12" handle, very effective.
Rodney

1 - 7 of 7 Posts