Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parasite Weights and Clips review

PARASITE WEIGHTS are one of the newest and hottest product innovations on the market for the serious angler and the beginner alike. The unique clip design is saving anglers loads of money on soft plastics while offering a simple yet fast solution to pegging your weight. The Parasite Auto-Pegging Weight system works two ways. It not only Pegs the weight without tooth pics, by itself each time you T/R a soft plastic bait, works every time.

Parasite's great new design also holds your soft plastic bait in place on the hook and stops it from being pulled down without the hassle of glue. Parasite's unique design keeps the weights tight to the bait, making it the easiest and fastest way to peg your weights. Anglers of all skill levels can enjoy the benefits of pitchin and flippin into heavy grass, wood, stones or any other structure, without fixing your bait all the time. All the while saving you money on wasted soft plastics. More time fishing and less time fixing your bait makes for more fun on the water. Automatically pegs weights to hook! Save a lot of money on plastics. Helps worms, tubes, flukes, horny toads, crawfish, grubs last longer! Catch more fish by keeping the plastic from interfering with the hook set! Patent pending! No more tooth pics and you dont need glue to keep your bait on the hook. Parasite Weights are available in both Lead and Tungsten. See our selection and save money fishing using some Parasite Weights Clips.

From time to time we get products in for review, that we sit back and say WOW Why didn't I think of this this is great.

Well this is one of those items.

The Parasite Weights and the Parasite Clips
No more will you have to worry about your bait sliding down the hook and having to re rig all the time or after every fish
this idea will save you loads in baits for sure

A Close up of the Parasite Weight.

These are simple to rig up
First slide the weight onto your line, and tie like you would any other weight

Rig the first part of your T rig

Now simply slide the Parasite weight over your hook

Rig the bottom and you are set

Now don't go anywhere, you are thinking what if I want to rig weightless? or without a weight?

Then you would use the Parasite Clip for these application's.

You rig this the same exact way

The plastic now will not slide down your hook at all.

No more pegging systems with toothpicks, or rubber, or whatever you have used in the past, no need for a screw in weight on that Big T rig as this holds tight in place without damaging your plastics at all.

the Parasite weights come in lead or Tungsten Painted Lead
in sizes
1/2oz.
1/4oz.
1/8oz.
1oz.
3/16oz.
3/4oz.
3/8oz.

The Parasite Clips are Stainless Steel so they will not rust ...

Overall Rating Thumbs Up

·
Premium Member
13,633 Posts
davew said:
Now that is excellent!! Much less mess than glue for sure! This will surely prolong the life of soft baits like senkos!
I wonder what the weight of these clips are? Im sure they are light but I still gotta ask... do they change the angle of fall at all or do baits like slug-gos and senkos still fall nice and horizontal?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw Stacey King promote this on Bass Pro's recently and I thought I want some of those. They look like great additions to my tackle.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
The Top Brass Peg-It pulled through the hook eye and trimmed so about an 1/8" is sticking out both sides works as well and a lot less expensive. Roboworm Rebarb hooks work even better and no rigging reqiured.
Tom
http://www.roboworm.com/rebarbhooks.htm
http://barlowstackle.com/
note, it rebarb is just a 1/4" piece of spaghetti shrink sleeve, cut at 45 degrees on one end for you do it yourselfer's.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I saw on the Roboworm site there rebarb hooks are only available on Daiichi and Gamakatsu straight shank hooks. Also the largest size they offer is a 4/0 size on the medium and a 1/0 on the light wire.

I have given up on light wire and medium wire hooks by Gamakatsu as they just do not hold up very well. They bend far to easily and what I like about Parasite is that it allows you to use whatever hook you like. The only question I have is does the Parasite worm clip only work with wide gap or hooks with a bent shaft? Would it work on a straight shank hook?

With reviews, I would like to see more thorough reviews to cover more possibilities. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
The rebarb works on any straight worm hook, Roboworm sells the hooks that work well on their worms. The Peg-it piece through the hook eye works on all hook sizes and styles and is the method that I prefer and use. Peg-it is available in a clear material for translucent worms. Give it a try, it's easy to do and works for me.
Tom

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Dave - excellent review. I've been using Parasite products for 5 or 6 months now. I used the clips and a fluke all spring on Lake Seminole in some of the thickest pads and grass the lake has to offer. The only thing that damaged my bait was the bass. These clips saved me an untold number of baits over that three month period of time. Besides the topwater frogs, flukes, senkos, worms, etc - these clips can also be used on your carolina rigs. The weights work as advertised as well. Keeps the weight pegged to your plastic without damaging it and keeps that plastic from pulling down and balling up on the hook. This is one of those products that when used the first time - I said "Why did I not think of that?"

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thanks for the review and tips. I will add this product to my already too heavy tackle box. This product should save time and baits in my Ribbit and Horney Toad fishing. What size would you recommend for frog fishing, small, medium or large? I use a 4/0 Gamakatsu Super Line hook on 50# braided line.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts