Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are the largest of the Original Floating lures by Rapala. I will start these off with the one color where I have the most generations of. A generation is considered new when there is a change to the color scheme or lure design. Most notably seen in the fire tiger colors where there are three different color schemes. There is another fire tiger scheme other than these three, but it doesn't reside in the same model line.

Here are the three Fire Tiger schemes in this model line. You can see each generation has different eyes.

Hard to tell in this picture, but this is the one with the squiggly lines on the back.

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here can be considered another generation. Most collectors don't consider this a 4th generation since it is just a different version of FT in another model line.

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The most I have in one model line is 6, and this is the color gold.

Doesn't show very well in this picture, but this is with the star designed foil coating. The red lines for the mouth, referred to as lipstick lines, are present on this generation. It also has the white press on belly with the black writing on the belly and on the plastic lip. This is a two hook design.

The much changed other than the outer body on this version. Still with the lipstick lines, black writing, two hooks, and pressed on white belly.

This model pretty much stayed the same, except it sports the three hook design.

This version has a painted on belly. The baits are a bit stouter too. Also gone at this point is the black writing on the belly and lip.

This version has more of a blended body. Not as much of a distinction or transition from sides to belly.

And the latest scheme has a change to the mouth, no longer sporting the lipstick lines. The white belly is almost completely gone.

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
If you had not pointed it out I would have never seen those small differences. You know your baits Bodeen, Way to go. :clap: :clap:

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is the OCD, I mean collector in me :thumbup01: :thumbup01: :thumbup01:

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
@ Bodeen....obviously...the one type of box you show in your pics here is far older than the others.

I have 3 different versions of that box...and some of the lids have a Rapala "emblem" embossed in the top lower left corner. Which are the oldest?

Also...you mention the black lettering. Are these then the second oldest to the lures with the little "stars"?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.