Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

OH MY GOD FINALLY!!!

9K views 55 replies 21 participants last post by  TampaCountryBoy 
#1 ·
Well, today I went to lunch at 12. WHile at lunch I decided I wanted to do something besides sit in an restaurant or wander walmarts tackle section. I ended up choosing to go to Marshalls Marine and look at boats. My plan was to go just look and dream.

As I walked and looked a salesman approached me. I told him I was just looking and he asked what I was interested in. I told him I was hoping to get a boat by the fall if all went well. He asked what kind. I told him something about 18 foot with 100horses or better, fibreglass preferred. So he told me he had a bunch of used boats but that he had 3 that he felt were the cream of the crop as far as used 18 footers went. He showed me a Stratos which was only 17 6 but nice. and then he showed me 2 Tritons. Both TR186's one with a 175 Merc and one with a 150 Johnson. After some looking we went back to his desk and I found out that the boat with the 175merc was 17 and change and the 150 was 12 and change. I explained to him how i looked a couple years ago and that at the time i was told i needed a co-signer but the last year I have been working on my credit. I asked if there was anyway he could run my credit and see what I had going on so I woudl know what to fix, if anything, before the summer ended. So I filled out the app and went back to work.

At 2:00 I got a call from Chuck the sales man. He tells me he got the results back. ALready Im thinking "ok how bad is it?" so I asked him to lay it on me. He says "Well Jared, you can have whatever ya want." I was like "What??" He repeated "Youre golden, you can have the boat if ya want it" Of course I replied "I want it I want it!" lol I went down at 3 and we rode it in Marshalls boat testing pond. It rides nice and gets on plane super fast! After we pulled it back out of the pond, he towed it to the shop fr the once over and I go in tomorrow at 10am to pick up my shiney new TR186!! YEEEEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
This is my first bass boat ever!! I am so excited here I can barely talk! LOL I drove home and most of the way home I kept singing to myself (in the i dreamin of a white xmas song tune) "IM dreaming of a whiteeeeeeeeeee Triton!" LOL! Im on cloud 9! LOL Its perfect for me! My payments will be less than 200 a month. They are also throwing in a Pro Pole, a triton life jacket and a new motor toter.

Anyway, I took some pix with my camera on my phone they arent the best pix but you can get the idea! :) She looks almost brand new! She is sooo clean inside and out you could just about eat off her! She also has lowrance electronics at both the console and the front. X48 units. The trolling motor is Minn Kota 65lbr. Everything works like new. Im soooooooooooo excited!!!

Yeeeeeeeee hawwwwwwwwwwwww!!! :D :chug:

Tattered Thumbs n Bigguns, Jared

See less See more
#6 ·
davidva said:
You gonna get a Bassholes wrap put on there? :D :redratltrap:
One day, yes that will be a necessity! :D Gonna atleast get some nice bassholes stickers put on it. Gonna try to get a large one for the windshield eventually :)

on a side note... it is now insured! :) only 270 a year.. not bad I dont think :D Wow this is really finally happening for me!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

#17 ·
hey dont knock your boat! I got one just like it and i am keeping it and will still be using it for a few places I love to fish. :thumbup01:

but I will drag mine out for lake fork for us so we are safe in the rough water :D

G
#18 ·
LakeCityYankee said:
hey don't knock your boat! I got one just like it and i am keeping it and will still be using it for a few places I love to fish. :thumbup01:

but I will drag mine out for lake fork for us so we are safe in the rough water :D

What are you saying........you don't like a rocky boat in strong wind??? Where is your sense of adventure?? LOL :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

#22 ·
highrider26 said:
name on the back
WET DREAMS
lol
LOL!!!

congrats jared maybe someday when i'm comin thru i'll get to stop and visit.
youre always welcome :D

have you caught a fish on that new combo yet?
later
rich
Next question please!! LOL!

I havent had the chance to fish since that failed tournament this past Saturday. But you can bet I will be fishing this weekend!! :thumbup01:

#24 ·
ya know what I think I am most looking forward to?? LOADING that bad boy up with my rods and tackle! Now I can carry more than 6 rods and not worry YEE HAW LOL

#26 ·
I believe its suppose to be awesome here this weekend! The fish will be in either pre-spawn or spawn. Fishing should be excellent! But Im not to sure how it will be on the power plant lake that I plan on heading to. The temps are much warmer there so they may be our of spawn by now. I could go to a better place but Im heading there to get use to the boat because its safe in the main lake and its not big enough to become dangerous if the wind kicks up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.