Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Bassholes Bait Bash II will kick off TODAY, October 24th, 2:00am. :thumbup01: :clap: :clap:

Please take notice of the Bait Bash Catch Code on the website. In order for your fish to count towards the prizes you must have the Bait Bash Catch Code visible in your picture of each fish you catch. Fish that do not have the code visible in the image will not qualify towards the prizes.

The Bait Bash will run for 2 weeks. It's official end time will be November 7th 11:59pm eastern time. Any images of fish submitted after that time will not qualify.

Official start time: Saturday October 24th, 2:00am Eastern.
Official end time: Saturday November 7th 11:59p Eastern.

Please be aware of The Bait Bash rules that all participants must adhere too.

The rules for The Bassholes Bait Bash are as follows:

For the purpose of these rules for The Bassholes Bait Bash, "fish" is to be translated as "bass" being either largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, spotted bass or coosa bass, unless otherwise noted.

- All fish must be caught on the supplied baits.
- In order for a fish to count towards a participants total, it must be photographed (or videoed) with the bait still in it's mouth.
- Supplied verification code, The Bait Bash Catch Code, must be visible in all photos/videos of qualifying fish.
- Qualifying fish must be a minimum of 12" in length.
- In order for a fish to qualify for Lunker, participant must have fish photographed (or videoed) showing length measurement.
- Supplied bait may be rigged any way that angler wishes.
- All fish photos/videos should be posted to the message board in the Bait Bash board (located here: http://www.thebassholes.com/bassin-forums/index.php?board=303.0 ) with accompanying report stating rigging method and technique/presentation utilized.
- Please do not email me your entries. Please post your entries on the board as mentioned above. If you have problems doing this, please contact me or a staff member to assist you.

Thank you and enjoy, my friends! :)

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
That is good.But won't be going today,because at work.Just wait till next week,while everyone else is working I will be fishing,for some big bass.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Good Luck everyone. Its going to rain today and I will be out of town tommorrow, so hopefully during the week this week I will be able to get out some.

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
ReefDonkey said:
Maybe a stupid question... maybe not. (but here goes)

Can we change the skirt color of the jigs provided?

I love the colors provided but for clarification purposes I just thought I'd ask.

:cool2:
I would think not. But use any color for a trailer.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Jared Pease said:
The rules for The Bassholes Bait Bash are as follows:

For the purpose of these rules for The Bassholes Bait Bash, "fish" is to be translated as "bass" being either largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, spotted bass or coosa bass, unless otherwise noted.

- All fish must be caught on the supplied baits.
- In order for a fish to count towards a participants total, it must be photographed (or videoed) with the bait still in it's mouth.
- Supplied verification code, The Bait Bash Catch Code, must be visible in all photos/videos of qualifying fish.
- Qualifying fish must be a minimum of 12" in length.
- In order for a fish to qualify for Lunker, participant must have fish photographed (or videoed) showing length measurement.
- Supplied bait may be rigged any way that angler wishes.
- All fish photos/videos should be posted to the message board in the Bait Bash board (located here: http://www.thebassholes.com/bassin-forums/index.php?board=303.0 ) with accompanying report stating rigging method and technique/presentation utilized.
- Please do not email me your entries. Please post your entries on the board as mentioned above. If you have problems doing this, please contact me or a staff member to assist you.

Thank you and enjoy, my friends! :)
Thank you F4F. I figured that was probably the case but that 6th rule is wide open. Just wanted to clarify.

I don't have a problem at all with the colors provided but I, and other anglers too, modify baits all the time. Now I'll just have to worry about Mother Nature and hope the jig bite holds on for another week or two. It's getting COLD up here! :sad2:

·
Registered
809 Posts
ReefDonkey said:

I love the colors provided but for clarification purposes I just thought I'd ask.

Here is my official answer to this question. NO. If we were doing crankbaits in a bait bash, do you think it would be ok to send it off to cracker and have him paint you a color different from what everyone else is using? Here's the only things that I will allow to be done to the jigs. You may TRIM the skirt as you see fit. This does not meen removing the skirt. You may add any type of soft plastic to the jig. The soft plastic may be dyed with worm dye, but not the skirt. You may trim, or remove completely (although not advised, due to hanging up the jig) the weed guard. If there are anymore questions about these or any other alterations to the lures, post them BEFORE you do them.

·
Registered
809 Posts
bass hawg said:
I got a stupid question but can it be pond fish?My Ranger decided to tear up and its going to be down for a couple of weeks.
Of course they can. You may actualy have an advantage fishing in a pond instead of a lake.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Hawg Thrasher Lures said:
ReefDonkey said:

Here is my official answer to this question. NO. If we were doing crankbaits in a bait bash, do you think it would be ok to send it off to cracker and have him paint you a color different from what everyone else is using? Here's the only things that I will allow to be done to the jigs. You may TRIM the skirt as you see fit. This does not meen removing the skirt. You may add any type of soft plastic to the jig. The soft plastic may be dyed with worm dye, but not the skirt. You may trim, or remove completely (although not advised, due to hanging up the jig) the weed guard. If there are anymore questions about these or any other alterations to the lures, post them BEFORE you do them.
One other addendum I would like to add is that you may add rattles to the jig if you see fit.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Fish that pond away! Some people may think but it's a pond and pond fishing can be great... but some people don't have boats and boats can get you all around on a body of water... or some people have chest waders and can wade in thick brushy back coves that no one else can get too.. Use your resources.

I expect to see some pics! Or I will be the next sponsor of bait bash 3... the simpsons lure set... and the time frame is forever... you only get off the list and able to partake in other events by catching a fish on the supplied lure. Just giving the peeps in this round a hard time! I know you all will do your best to get out and fish away! Great going all...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.