Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but Barry Bonds has tied Babe Ruth for 714 career homeruns.

I know a lot of people do not like Barry Bonds anymore, but I respect him and his accomplishment.

Congrats Barry, and here's to a couple of more splash downs at McCovey Cove. :)

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Im sure there was a pile of people that hated Hank when he tied and then broke the Babe's record. I guess its only human nature to feel that way.

As long as Barry wasnt useing ' steroids ' or any other drug enhansment I will say Congrats to him. ( I guess thats a whole different issue on the truth , if he was or wasnt useing anything )

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The whole point that I will make on the steroids issue is that IF he was using them, MLB did not pay attention to the players using them and they did not ban the use of them, until 2 years ago???? So, that's like tell an angler that an accomplishment that he had with a certain lure does not count, since the lure is banned now.

IF he did use steroids, it was his perogative to use them to become a better player in his respective sport, and with no regulation on the use of them from MLB, he was not in the wrong if he did. Now that MLB and Bud Selig have awoken from their trance and actually been forced to do something about it, Bonds would be in the wrong if he did fail a steroids test.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts