Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Probably listing them in with the regular black bass. A temperate bass category would be nice, but keeping the true bass in with the black bass works too.

Just my .02

· Registered
3,549 Posts
Let's Put up some Pictures Baron and get them started.
Cape May New Jersey November 2010

· Registered
3,549 Posts
A Chickahominy River Striper in May 2010

Attachments

· Registered
3,549 Posts
Very Nice Striper Baron ! :thumbup01: :thumbup01:
What time of year was this one caught? Where you allowed to keep it ?

· Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stealthfisher said:
Very Nice Striper Baron ! :thumbup01: :thumbup01:
What time of year was this one caught? Where you allowed to keep it ?
I try to get down to the Hudson River in late April through the middle of May for the Spring Striper run. While you can keep them I do mainly catch and release. It is hit and miss on the weather, one year it is cold the next it will be quite warm and a lot of the time it is pouring rain.

Here is another pic I caught in mid May a couple years ago.

· Registered
3,549 Posts
Very Nice Baron. I love the look of these fish. They are truly something to see.
And Boy can they fight!

· Registered
3,549 Posts

· Premium Member
2,217 Posts
This is just for Stripers though....what about the rest of the true basses???? White bass, yellow bass, and the wiper??? They feel so left out of the board name :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

· Registered
652 Posts
People don't think of fishing when they hear Jersey but we are surrounded by Stripers during the Spring and Fall runs from NY to Cape May, Delaware Bay and the Delaware river! Not to mention all of the other fishing there is to do! Here's some pics and even my little sister gets in on the action.... :thumbup01:

Attachments

· Registered
277 Posts
I am hoping to start collecting some stripers when I get a gas motor on my jon boat for the creeks and rivers that drain into the bay and ocean. These rivers are full of them.
On his last trip, my brother in law brought in 6 LMB around 14-19" long, and 8 stripers 16-20" long, all hanging out in the same areas.

· Registered
3,549 Posts
I have spent many a day fishing along the New Jersey coastline. Strathmere, Sea Isle, Ocean City, Corsons Inlet and of course the Delaware Bay.
I recently moved from Gloucester County NJ down here to Virginia. I miss the abundance of fishing spots I was able to frequent for Fresh and Saltwater fishing in NJ.
Lots of places stocked with Trout 2 or 3 time a year.
The Black Drum and Stripers in May and June. Flounder, Blues and other species in the summer. Stripers at the end of the year in the river. The list goes on and on.
The DOD, Union Lake, Shaws Mill Pond, Greenwich lake and ditches, Harrisonville lake, Alcyon Lake, Salem Canal, Newton, Manasquan reservoir,. And now the new Smallmouth haunt, Audrey lake in Millville area.
New jersey has an amazing amount of oportunities for all within an hours drive or less in any direction.

· Registered
652 Posts
Yup I love it! I live in Toms River so i am minutes from the ocean. I love being able to fish the sweetwater an then hit the bay or ocean in the same day or the next day. Audrey is on my list for this year and i have been wanting to try Manasqaun RES as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.