Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

Newly Revised Fish Care Guide Now Offered Online by BASS

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Airfishman 
#1 ·
Newly Revised Fish Care Guide Now Offered Online by BASS

Attention, tournament anglers: If you know the correct answers to the questions below, you are already on your way to claiming full credit for every ounce of bass you weigh in during a tournament.

1.True or False? Ice should be added to a livewell if its water temperature is 75 degrees or higher.

2.True or False? When recirculating livewell water, add 1/3 cup of non-iodized salt for each 5 gallons of water.

The questions (and answers) are from BASS' new online edition of "Keeping Bass Alive," a step-by-step guide to fish care, especially during tournaments.

Sponsored by Toyota Trucks and posted at Bassmaster.com, the revised "Keeping Bass Alive" is a condensed version of the original booklet. Each chapter can be downloaded separately. The final chapter is an online version of BASS' waterproof, credit card-size guide, "Top 10 Tournament Fish Care Tips."

Two highly regarded scientists in the field wrote "Keeping Bass Alive" for BASS, which in 1972 became one of the first organizations to advocate proper fish care at tournaments.
Gene Gilliland, with the Oklahoma Fishery Research Laboratory, Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation, co-authored the guide with Hal Schramm of the U.S. Geological Survey, Mississippi Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit, Mississippi State University. Both have been contributors to BASS Times.

BASS continues to offer the original "Keeping Bass Alive" in an online version as well as a hard copy. Published in 2002, it covers the topic in depth. Online access is free; hard copies are $3 each. For more information on the topic and the booklet, e-mail conservation@bassmaster.com.

See less See more
#2 ·
#4 ·
I had never been told before to only use the bags the tournament officials provide...I see 90% of the people using their own bags....What's the deal?? :dunno: :dunno:

I answered my own question. It's just to speed up the weigh in lines by having consistent weight of the carry bags, thus eliminating the need to re-calibrate the scales often.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.