Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the new 12/24 All Charge and have a few questions. When it's charging one light will stay solid and the light on the other battery will flash. It cycles through them like it's supposed to. My question is which one is charging, the one that's flashing or the solid one? Reason I'm asking is because when battery one is flashing, battery two is the one actually charging when I check with voltmeter. I have the red wire hooked to the positive side of the battery that my positive trolling wire goes to. Which would be battery one correct? The white wire is hooked to the negative of same battery then black wire is hooked to negative of the other battery which would be battery two correct? Also what do the lights do when everything is charged? Do they turn off or change color or stay solid? Thanks

·
Registered
921 Posts
One light on and the other flashing is the way it should be and it should be charging the one that is flashing but as long as the unit is switching every two minutes then it is working OK. As long as the unit sees 13 volts the batteries are going to draw something and it could be miliamps but they will always be on as long as the input is 13 or higher. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok everything is good then but what about the battery 1 and battery 2 thing? Which one should battery 1 be? The one with the positive or the negative? When my battery 1 is flashing, it is charging the battery that has the negative wire hooked to it. Wouldn't that be battery 2?

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
If I remember from the directions correctly the positive battery is the #1 battery. What I did, was my batteries are right next to each other from front to back. I mounted the stay-n-charge on the side wall between the 2 and made the battery on the left of the unit battery 1 and the battery on the right of the unit battery 2. So that way I know if the left light is blinking, the left battery is charging.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Now here is something no other president of a charger company would come out and tell the world. The reason the battery lights are backwards is because my manufactures more then likely put the wires on the cirsuit board backwards and that is why you are getting the readings you are getting. I am sorry about that and if it is a problem I will replace it with no problem but that is the truth and the whole truth. Let me know if we need to replace it and we will. Thanks :stayncharge:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No need to replace it. As long as it is charging I'm happy lol. No big deal to me. Was just curious if I did something wrong. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts