Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
/O.CON.KCAR.WS.W.0003.000000T0000Z-070215T1700Z/ NORTHEAST AROOSTOOK-NORTHERN PENOBSCOT-SOUTHEAST AROOSTOOK- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...PRESQUE ISLE...CARIBOU...VAN BUREN... MARS HILL...MILLINOCKET...EAST MILLINOCKET...PATTEN...MEDWAY... HOULTON...HODGDON...SHERMAN...SMYRNA MILLS 554 PM EST WED FEB 14 2007

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 12 PM EST THURSDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 12 PM EST THURSDAY.

THE HEAVIEST SNOWFALL WILL OCCUR BEFORE MIDNIGHT WHEN SNOWFALL RATES OF UP TO 2 INCHES AN HOUR CAN BE EXPECTED WITH VISIBILITIES NEAR OR BELOW A QUARTER MILE AT TIMES. STORM TOTALS AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE EVENT MIDDAY THURSDAY WILL RANGE FROM 10 TO 18 INCHES.

THIS STORM WILL HAVE A HIGH IMPACT ON THE WARNING AREA. A COMBINATION OF HEAVY SNOW AND WINDS OF 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 30 MPH WILL CREATE VERY HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS. VISIBILITIES WILL FREQUENTLY BE LESS

All ready recieved 18 inches today

Enjoy,
John Porter

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
ACK!!! Stay warm John! Keep the fires burning! :)

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been out in the first 18 inches all day--just came in for more coffee and to put wood in the fire--now its time to go plow some more---good thing my contract is only for 40 driveways and 15 miles of lake roads--lol

·
Registered
419 Posts
Man, it's cold in Arkansas but I'll take what we have any day compared to what others are getting. This global warming is something else ;D

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We get this type of weather every winter.
Just came back in to trade the plow truck in for my tow truck--major pile up and they need another truck.
I'll be on and off tonight--probably no sleep for atleast 36 hours....

·
Registered
419 Posts
My two oldest kids live in Chicago. The strange thing is, they hate cold weather. Right now---they are full of hate :rofl2: I really feel for the folks going through the February they are having. Bless all you who have been through this mess, wish you well.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
looks like you are getting the same storm that went through here yesterday and last night. we recieved between 15to 18 inches of snow. the snow stopped this morning.this isn't normal for central ohio, at least not all at once.
stay warm and safe
later
rich

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Stay safe John. I just seen where at least 12 people have died in Albany NY from the ' storm ' I had to call her to make sure she was safe. ( She lives about 1 hour north of Albany near Lake George )

She said they have about 3 feet of snow right now. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
801 Posts
John, I hope all is well there this morning.
Get some rest and let us know the story...

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Back in for about an hour--got the roads and driveways all cleaned. They are only calling for 4 more inches today but the wind is drifting everything-be another long day here.

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
how many inches (feet?) do you have as of now?

·
Registered
10 Posts
We are getting some decent storms here in Utah as well, and lets just say the comute to work was very interesting, the good news only 5 seprate accidents no injurys.... I really just want my lakes to un-thaw I seem to have a hard time catch bass when they are frozen!!! But it has been done.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I recorded just shy of 3 ft on my guage here at the house. The worse of the snow is gone by but now we are going to have high winds with just to 40 mph. This means alot of drifting and temps falling to -25 tonight. Hopefully most people will use common sense and stay inside and off the roads tonight so we can clean everything up for tomorrows commute for work.
Coffee is tasting mighty fine now as yesterday at 3 am I got out of bed. Fixing to head back out in a few after a hot meal and start cleaning up the mess from this mornings winds.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just to keep you all update on my fine weather--here is the alert that the state sent me this a.m.

/O.CON.KCAR.WS.W.0003.000000T0000Z-070215T1700Z/ NORTHEAST AROOSTOOK-NORTHERN PENOBSCOT-SOUTHEAST AROOSTOOK- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...PRESQUE ISLE...CARIBOU...VAN BUREN... MARS HILL...MILLINOCKET...EAST MILLINOCKET...PATTEN...MEDWAY... HOULTON...HODGDON...SHERMAN...SMYRNA MILLS 400 AM EST THU FEB 15 2007

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EST TODAY...

SNOW WILL CONTINUE ACROSS THE AREA THROUGH THE MORNING HOURS WITH AN ADDITIONAL 1 TO 3 INCHES OF SNOW EXPECTED. IN ADDITION...GUSTY WEST WINDS OF 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 40 MPH WILL DEVELOP RESULTING IN CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.

THIS STORM WILL HAVE A HIGH IMPACT ON THE WARNING AREA. A COMBINATION OF HEAVY SNOW AND WINDS OF 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 40 MPH WILL CREATE VERY HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS. VISIBILITIES WILL OCCASIONALLY BE LESS THAN ONE HALF MILE IN FALLING SNOW WITH CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW EXPECTED.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts