Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh my gosh server error and I have type this all over! :( Must have taken too long to upload grrr... Welp I am back from Florida! Boy flying really was not fun that past few days! I left Tampa on Friday and got home this morning at 1 am (sunday). waaaaaaaaa :mad: :sad2: :ticked: :cussin: I even had to sleep in the terminal on Friday. I fished an hour or so each day in two small spots on Lake Marion and one Wednesday went to Lake Menzie? for an hour or so. I found this real cool tackle store on Florida rt 60 towards Kissimmee or something like that. I think it was called Bridgewater or something like that, I had to find my receipt, but boy I could have gone nuts in there, but they were closing so I just grabbed a couple of items real fast. I caught 1 gar, I think, and 4 bass during the trip. The gar was caught on a chartruese and white crank, which doesn't work right now. :( Keeps coming out of the water on retrieval. Two bass were caught on a red trap :redratltrap: haha and one was caught on a golden color shad jerk type crank and one was caught on a dark green pumpkin live action swim bait. That's the one someone was talking about on here they found at Wally World and I found one down there as well. $2.20 something or $2.40 something but it was a once and done bait. The bass tore the bait so bad I couldn't use it again. All in all I had a great trip, but you rally needa boat in most of these places. I think I did pretty good with what I had to work with.

David :fishing02:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Glad you made it home OK, nice pics. Check the line tie on the crank it sounds like it may be bent to one side or the other.

·
Premium Member
13,633 Posts
welcome home david! Looks like you had a helluva time! :clap:

·
Premium Member
17,930 Posts
Glad you made it back safely.

That tackle store you mentioned, I also went there during our classic. ( on the left hand side if headed east on 60 )

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found my receipt :) Bridgemaster 863-676-1009 2131 Highway 60 east Lake Wales, FL 33898

Awesome low cost place. brand name stuff too! tons of soft plastics there 1lb for $3.00, but I didn't see those till it was too late and they closed.

Fish4FunInFl said:
Glad you made it back safely.

That tackle store you mentioned, I also went there during our classic. ( on the left hand side if headed east on 60 )

·
Premium Member
17,930 Posts
A buddy of mine got the 1# of plastics for $3. Another one bought a rod.

I held the bait monkey in-check. I didnt buy anything !! lol ( they was out of what I wanted )

K

·
0 Posts
Good going David. Hope you had a ball even though the fishing was tough. Did you get some sun while you where here?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts