Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to La. this weekend to g-mas. For those that don't know, it is 42 steps from her back porch to the edge of Black Lake. This is a really great pitching and flipping lake. It's loaded with Cypress trees all over. I have never seen Cypress trees as big as some of these. The knees will grow up in 3-6 foot of water. On sunny days you can fish the shady sides and just pick them apart. Anyways, I'm taking my kids Landon 12, Zac 1 3/4, and my ex wife is dropping my daughter Sadie 10, off Friday evening. There is no noise here other than those nature makes. An occasional boat but nothing more. My fondest memories are here. This is where I learned to fish. My wife and I are expecting our second girl anytime now. As a matter of fact, they told her today that she is dialated to 3 right now. Hopefully she won't shorten my weekend. LOL!!! Will be fishing alot this weekend. :fishing01: :baitmonkey: :neener: Eating my home made chicken and dumplins, fresh purple hull peas and cornbread, tomatoes, and onions to go with every meal. I will gain at least 10 lbs. :rofl1: I am taking my camera to show you guys this place. It is beautiful!!! I'll post some pics of the fish I catch along with what the kids catch. Later guys!!!!!!
-Joe :fishing02:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Sounds like a gret time with the family :dance01: :fishing01:

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Sweet.... :soda: Have a ton of fun.

·
Premium Member
17,930 Posts
Have fun and hope the weather is beter then where I went too lol. ( 48 hours from now I will be home )

·
Registered
801 Posts
You said so much in your post!!! Good luck with fishing, your new baby girl and the eating you are gonna be doing... Oh how I love Dumplings....

T

·
0 Posts
Have a safe trip. How is your grandmother doing? I remember you saying several months ago that she was coming down with something....cold, flu?

Catch a bunch of fish for us.

:fishing01: :fishing02:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sounds like a great trip to make. I know you'll have a good time. Catch lots of fish and we want pics of them to look at.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
G-ma is doing great. A few months ago she broke her wrist when she fell off a ladder. Kinda funny now, because she broke her hip a long time ago falling out of an 18-wheeler. No she wasn't hitchhiking. LOL!!! Sounds so ******* huh? She's getting pretty old though. It's hard to think that way because sh has always been there for so long. She is my hero.
-Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts