Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fishing last Saturday at my local lake. I was entered in the weekly big bass tournament from bounty fishing. I had been catching fish the day before on baby brush hogs and beavers, but didn't catch any big fish. Saturday I decided to try a bigger bait. I went with the 7 inch Minda spear worm. The 3rd cast of the morning I hooked my winning big bass. It was 21.48 in. long and weighed 6.2 lbs. I continued to have one of the best days in quite some time. I caught between 30 and 40 bass that morning, most were 2 to 3 lb fish. What was even better was that several other boats were not catching nearly as many fish as I was. I had 2 different groups of guys stop and chat with me and asked what I was using or doing differently because they had seen me catch fish after fish while they were just catching a few. I had several bags of spear worms so I gave each of them a few and told them to try it. A few hours latter i ran into one pair of guys again. The were out of the baits I had given them and wanted to buy some from me. They had instantly started catching fish but went back to not doing so well when they lost the last spear worm they had. I was almost out of the Brody oil color at that time. I tossed them a few more kiwi colored worms but kept the last few Brody worms for my self. A while later i crossed paths with the 2nd pair of guys and they still had a couple of baits but had been using cigarette lighters to melt them back together when they got torn. They also told me that they were having the best day in a long time on the lake and wanted to buy some bags. I tossed them an empty bag so they had the number to call, but didn't have any more of my own to spare. Not only did I have a great day. I won $100 bucks on the big bass to boot.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Way to go Kevin. I love :minda:. Their products are :champion:!!

Brandon

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
Awesome Kevin, way to go, thats a fine fish. You just have to love those :minda: spearworms, they catch fish when everything else fails. Congrats on winning the big bass prize. :champion: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
WTG Kevin :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup01: :thumbup01: :thumbup01: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01: :victory:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.