Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a club tourney on sat. and tommorrow is my prefish day. I have a lot to do because I haven't been on the water for almost two weeks and a lot has changed. I'm gonna try the secondary points and creek bends on around the 56 mile marker of The Lake Of The Ozarks. If anyone has any good tips I'd listen to them. I promised Keith that if he got me the red :redratltrap: I'd throw it. I have a smaller one that I'll try tom. but I want to try some other stuff. Its supposed to be like 26 degrees in AM. so I'm sure it will be a slow start. I am wanting to try a drop shot for some dumb asz reason I guess because I can't use it worth a hoot and I want to learn it. Of course the standard jig will be used and I'm gonna try the pink lizard trick if it warms up before I have to burn out. I will try a chatterbait and spinnerbait I should throw a crankbait but I won't I hate it and my partner is the man with one. I guess that will cover it. I'll post tommorrow and let you all know whats up. Peace out! Drew

K

·
0 Posts
Drew, what's the water temps do you know? If the water temps are in the 50's then you will be fine with that red trap. If it is lower then that it might be a tough bite with it. If so, try a suspending jerkbait fished real slow. If you use a spinnerbait make sure it is with a single Colorado blade so it can be slow rolled. Senko's are always good baits in cold water. Basically anything that can be fished slow.

If water is in the 50's look for any grass. Does this lake have any? If not, hit the points as mentioned but hit the sunnier side. If there are rocks present all the better as that warms the water faster. As the day wears on move shallower as that water will be warmest.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Water temps were as high as 60s and are now in the 50s because of the cold. I fished the :redratltrap: for two hours and caught a bunch of white bass but no LM. My lake doesn't have grass any more the home owners poisoned it all (jack azzs) It may have been a little cold I gavre up and threw a spinnerbait in the backs of the coves and got on them bad! I caught one 5 and one 4 three 3s and a buttload of twos and halfs. Today is the anniversary of the photo in my avatar. and I was throwing the spinnerbait shallow then also. I got to where I could call my shot I was zonin for about an hour. Then I started to play around with some other back up stuff. Right before I quit I went to one more creek and found a little subtle stick up and whacked another 2 1/2. Man it was awesome. I hope they don't move on me if they do it won't be far I may have to alter my presentaion. gotta go . Peace out! Drew

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The weather for sat is lows in the 30s and highs in the 30s with snow&rain mixed might as well throw in some wind. I think my fish will still be there though. My accessories didn't come in for my X135s so I'll be blind so to speek. I can hardly sleep!

·
Registered
801 Posts
:cussin:
I wish you all the luck in the world! Just dress warm and remember to cast to what looks good. ;)
Use something soft and not so colorful...
You can win this tournament :clap: :clap: :clap:..

K

·
0 Posts
Good luck because if you can fish in those conditions you deserve a win.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I didn't win and it was the worst conditions that I have ever fished in my life bar none!! It was snowing when I left the house and had been raining for twelve hours it was 34 degrees and a north wind was howling it was not pretty. We decided to go any way, (my partner is die hard! nothing like last year). I was soaked before I ever got to the take off and so was Dean my partner. We were miserable to say the least. We blasted off and went to our spot to start. When we got there we were positively froze. My hands hurt so bad I couldn't bend my fingers and knot tying was impossible. The water was also the color of chocolate milk which really got into my head. The wind was blowing out of the north straight into our face. I was bummed to say the least and was about ready to break the Ike rule and say ef it. Dean wouldn't let me and I had to hear about it all day long. We decided to move to a bank that put our backs to the wind and give us a small amount of relief from the cold wind. With in forty five minutes we had a limit. I was throwing the Excalibur out of necessity to keep warm and wouldn't you know it I caught a three pounder on it, but it was the only fish that made the weigh in. We caught the crap out of them once we figured it out, which wasn't hard they were right where I marked them during my practice. We threw cranks and spinnerbaits and the Excalibur to catch a limit and once we had that we went to the jig and eventually culled all the fish save the red Excalibur fish. I took the camera but the pictures that I would have got was not worth the ass whiping that I'd have taken if my wife's camera would have been ruined. So the only pictures I have are at the weigh in. We had 17.02 and came in fourth place. I can't tell you all how happy I am with this performance considering how difficult the weather was. We absolutely whacked them and whacked them good. As for not winning, We culled all day long and Dean caught the last good fish with seconds left on the clock. We never lost a fish and we capitalized on all of our bites so there was no room to improve squandered. All in all it was a good show. We made the money and that was the goal. Here are my photos imagine this I'm posting pictures. Drew

The big fish weighed 4.60.

this is what the boat looked like when we took off

·
Premium Member
17,930 Posts
WOW !!! Congrats to yall !!!!

Im sure once yall started catching yall forgot all about the cold. Well, ok not forget about it but made it more tolerable.

K

·
0 Posts
That is awesome Drew. Now post something in the XCalibur Share A Bait thread. You are a tougher bravery man then I am for fishing in that stuff haha. And low and behold you caught a 3lber on the red lipless. Pretty soon you will be hammering bass on that thing.

Good job and hey 17.02lbs is a nice sack regardless.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Congrats on your pictures!!! I remember how I felt when I learned how to do it...
Concrats also to some nice fish for such a nasty day! Great pictures and thanks for sharing them! I'm proud of you! :clap: :clap: :clap:

K

·
0 Posts
Oh I wasn't sure we were suppossed to congratulate someone on doing a simple task :neener: :neener:

CONGRATS ON LEARNING HOW TO POST PICTURES :lmao: haha. Just :poke: you.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have only been at it for 9 months!!! My 13 year old son actually did it. But I think about ten more times and I'll have it!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like ya partners hat, who cares about a Johnson outboard

[/quote] He got the hat at the 07 classic! Ike signed it. He was catching fish I'm not messin with his hat.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts