Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
pillman said:
Ultimate Fishing Show coming up January 10-13 at the Suburban Collection in Novi. Can't wait!
Pill, attendance has been down the past number of years at the show. Do you expect it will be more lively this year? Are there any new, hot products you are looking for at the show?

When you get to the area, you will find they are demo-ing the Ford Wixom plant right there at Grand River and Wixom Road. Ford has attempted to sell it ever since production stopped there (big car plant + EPA = closed factory), but all the tentative deals have fallen through. Lack of capital financing (darn those evil capitalists), a closed shop State (until just recently), and a tough State regulatory process pretty much sealed the deal. It's a shame because at the time of it's closing, Wixom was one of the most modern and efficient lines Ford had. Anyhoo, the demo is going gangbusters.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
pillman said:
haven't made it the last couple of years. just would like to go walk around and check out the new stuff and possibly meet some members if we can arrange something
Give me a holler when the time draws nigh, and perhaps we can hook up so to speak.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Pill, I went out to the Cabin yesterday to check things out and I saw about a dozen guys out on Oxbow Lake working the stiff water. Half were in little fabric "huts" and the rest were brave souls sitting on buckets. I was on a tight time-line so I didn't stop to see what they were catching. They were out on the little bay that abuts M-59 and they were fishing along the drop-off line in about 15 - 20 feet of water. That area should be good for gillies, crappie, pike and walleye. We only have stunt perch in our lake.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.