Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Much has been reported on and said about the violence in Mexico recently. I do know that there has not been any incidents involving Americans around the lodges on El Salto, Huites, Baccarac. Not sure about any of the others. I think you have more issues around the border towns than you do deep into Mexico. I would not allow these reports to stop you from visiting some of these lodges. Just use common sense. If you have never been, these lodges are for the most part extremely remote and far from the cities where most of the violence takes place.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
That was a great discussion with some of my fiances relatives. They love to travel and although they didn't like Mexico much they did however talk about the danger.

While at the lodge, they had no discomfort at all. However, they wanted to go see the towns around them and look for special souveniers. They were under the belief that Mexico loved for Americans to come down and spend money. Unfortunately, they said it was like they were outcast and the glares they got were rather uncomfortable.

We talked about how I was thinking about going down to a fishing lodge and they said that I shouldn't worry about the violence and dangers that they felt as long as I stayed at the lodge the whole time. My fiance however no longer is interested in taking the trip anymore.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.