Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, let's get this party started. I want to know who has fished Mexico for bass, or are you someone who has dreamed of fishing Mexico.

A little of myself......I fish Mexico about 3-4 times a year. I usually hit El Salto twice a year and then another lake like Comedero or Mateos. That is the main reason I started making my own lures. There seemed to be a need for a bigger bait, or pattern when fishing these lakes. My parent company is Mexican Bass Connection, LLC.

I would like to know more about the Northern Mexico Lakes, near the border. I am taking my field staff to Guerrero in November and that is as far north as I have ever fished in Old Mexico. Lets' try to stay away from Lodge bashing which happens often between agents.
Tell me your history.

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
I believe you mean lake Guerrero MX. Fished it several times in the 70's and 80's, however the highway bandit problem became a big issue.
The river area at the upper end held the bigger bass and is a lot like El Salto, where the bass are located outside on underwater islands or humps covered with brush and along the river channels. The banks get netted by the locals.
Swimming jigs; Scrounger w/Sluggo trailers were the my go to lure back then. Red 8 to 10 inch worms Texas rigged, jigs w/brown-red 4" pork trailers and green/white spinner baits.
Tom

·
Registered
372 Posts
I soo cant wait to get down there and fish with El Grande Lures. I hope the money holds up so i can get the chance to get down and fish. El Grande Lures work great up here in Maryland, i can only imagine what they do down there south of the border. Thanks for a great product

Ryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.