Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Warm weather the first week of December caused a halt in the ice making process and winds destroyed much of what had already been made. This weeks weather/temperatures should again help the process around much of the state with lows in the teens and highs in the upper 20s to low 30s.

http://www.outdoornews.com/Minnesota/Fishing-Reports/

Please be careful when venturing out onto the ice. Safety should be everyones top concern. When heading out for the first few trips - checking out ice thickness - I have in hand a 6 foot ice chisel. Chisel on one end and a ring for attaching a rope at the other end. This is a pretty heavy piece of equipment and I use it to punch at the ice ahead of me while walking. Helps assure me that ice thickness will support my 300 pound frame.

Anyone been out yet and any success to report?

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Great thought about SAFETY Swede :thumbup01: :notworthy: :cheers:

Here on Lake Pepin (part of the Mississippi River)...there is NO ice on the lake at this point |V| middle of December mind you :confused:

I don't ice fish...but truly feel bad for those that do :prayer:

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
davesett2000 said:
Great thought about SAFETY Swede :thumbup01: :notworthy: :cheers:

Here on Lake Pepin (part of the Mississippi River)...there is NO ice on the lake at this point |V| middle of December mind you :confused:

I don't ice fish...but truly feel bad for those that do :prayer:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.