Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and sister in law are dragging me down to Hershey for a long weekend in August. I am trying to negotiate a day to myself for some fishing. Any one know of some good areas down near Hershey that I could do some fishing? I won't have a boat so it would need to be some places I can walk around and fish from shore.
I see Harrisburg is right there and so is a Bass Pro so I know that will be one stop I will make. Also the Susquehanna river is right there looks like a good area. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you scotteph! I did take a look on line at Memorial and that looks like a good spot to hit. I think that might be the place I am going to hit while I am down there.

G

·
Currently, I live in CA but I grew up in the Hersey area. Memorial Lake is Okay...lots of panfish, smaller lmb, and moderately sized pike / musky, good access from shore. Swatara Creek is a good call for SMB and is wadeable. Susquehanna River is the best fishery in the area for bass. Good access it's entire length. I would fish the Dauphin Narrows above Fort Hunter Public Launch. Park along Front Street a couple of miles above the launch. River is really shallow in the area which you can wade. Be carefull of the currents and deep holes in the area. Good Luck.

JR

G

·
My buddy and his young son (5 Years) fished Memorial Lake over the weekend. Hammered the panfish and a few smaller LMB.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.