Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you southerners LOL I am coming to SC to fish lake murry in about a month and could use any and all help! I have never been there Any help would be greatly appreciated ;) :cool1:
If you don't wanna give out secrets for jared to see your more then welcome to reply in a PM to me :thumbup01:
:cool1: :rofl1: :lmao:
Thank You ALL
Rich
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,631 Posts
Richard said:
Hey all you southerners LOL I am coming to SC to fish lake murry in about a month and could use any and all help! I have never been there Any help would be greatly appreciated ;) :cool1:
If you don't wanna give out secrets for jared to see your more then welcome to reply in a PM to me :thumbup01:
:cool1: :rofl1: :lmao:
Thank You ALL
Rich
If im not mistaken, my clubs april tournament is on Murray too :D What dates are you planning on coming Rich?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,224 Posts
Really, truly, still working on that project. Will contribute whatever I have so far next week. There's really a heck of a lot of info on that lake. It takes some work sorting through it all.

Jim
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,631 Posts
Its really not a hard lake to understand once ya get on it. It's big at 500 or so miles of shoreline but I am willing to bet it fishing similiar to the lakes you have up in Ohio and what not. Moving from CT to SC, I found Murray the easiest lake for me to figure out.

I can tell ya for worm colors, sour grape, pumpkin with red flake, red bug and red shad are great on Murray. Clear spooks/sammies are also great baits there. The button brush is hot in the spring as the bass will spawn around them. Also, there are tons of man placed brush piles on the place. I have a bunch stored in my LMS522. Docks get hit heavily and so do the bridge pilings.

You can find water of nearly any clarity you wish to fish on the lake as well.

I have a bunch more info to share but I will get back to you with it in a few :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
That's some sound advice. Bass are bass, and while each lake has it's own little quirks, you should approach each new lake with lures and techniques that you have confidence in. Find an area that you have fished on a different body of water, and try to locate that same type of area on the new lake. It might take a little studying and a look or two from above via Google maps, but I am sure that you can catch bass using the same things you normally do. :thumbup01:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks every one i will find out probably tomorrow on the exact dates! When will the water temps be right for the spawn in this area?I guess an easier question would be what time of year do they usualy spawn in this area? the way this year is going it might be a little later.just looking for a guesstamate lol
If anyone thinks of any special lures throw them out there too so i can get them ordered ahead of time!
Thanks everyone
Rich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
Richard said:
Thanks every one i will find out probably tomorrow on the exact dates! When will the water temps be right for the spawn in this area?I guess an easier question would be what time of year do they usualy spawn in this area? the way this year is going it might be a little later.just looking for a guesstamate lol
If anyone thinks of any special lures throw them out there too so i can get them ordered ahead of time!
Thanks everyone
Rich
I have heard that the bright pink Hula Popper with the tandem Colorado blades in red works really well here. :thumbup01: :rofl1: Might be something to look into. :fishing02: :rofl1:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If anyone finds links or anything that are decent i can read thru them too most of the ones i am finding are not worth clicking on!
Rich
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,631 Posts
CastAwayBH83 said:
I have heard that the bright pink Hula Popper with the tandem Colorado blades in red works really well here. :thumbup01: :rofl1: Might be something to look into. :fishing02: :rofl1:
Actually the bubblegum pop-r is killer there around the button brush.. as it is on Santee too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
LakeCityYankee said:
CastAwayBH83 said:
I have heard that the bright pink Hula Popper with the tandem Colorado blades in red works really well here. :thumbup01: :rofl1: Might be something to look into. :fishing02: :rofl1:
Actually the bubblegum pop-r is killer there around the button brush.. as it is on Santee too.
Well dang, just take my joke and make something usable out of it, why don't ya! :rofl1: Honestly, I have never seen a Bubblegum Pop-R. Hmmmmmm. :baitmonkey:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
give you the sameadvice someone once gave me: fish hard and fish long
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top