Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I desided to go to Little Lake Harris today to do a little pre-fishing for our upcoming tournament. I got a little later start then I wanted to. ( didnt leave the house til almost 8am )

I have an Aunt that lives off of a canal on Little Lake Harris , so I searched for that place, and finaly found it. She was on her boat dock as I approached . Talked to her for a bit, asking where the canal went etc.. She was also telling me some colors and lures to use in there ;)

I was able to get a few by pitching an Alluring Brush Bug ( brush hog ) under docks. The wind had picked up in her area and I had to fish faster then I wanted to. I also picked up one on a shallow crank.

Now, for the surprise, I found 2 females on the bed !! Bloody tails and all !! ( about 1/2 mile from my Aunts ) Im hopping by next Wednesday they will be locked on the beds and perhaps allow me to handle them and get there photo aboard my boat :dance01: ( as they wont be there for my tournament, so I might as well try to get em ) Got to remember to take a camera next week .
They was super spooky today and would dart everytime they seen me.

Now, if my temp gague is correct on my trolling motor, it said it was 80* and those bedding bass was in about 2 - 3 foot of water.

I seen piles of turtles and gar, but only seen 1 aligator. And it was maybe 18 inches long.

I ended my day at 2.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'm surprised they were still spawning in water that warm, Fish4 Fun. :dunno: Good luck in the tourny. I'd probably look for areas that the fish were on their summer patterns, if you get another day before the tourny. 80 degrees is awful warm water for bed fishing.

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats why I said ' IF ' my temp gague is correct on my trolling motor.

I also heard there was a few bedding bass on the other side of the lake in a canal. ( didnt go over there so I dont know if thats true or not )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts