Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in serious need of a GOOD flippen / pitching rod . I want the rod at 7 ' ( not 6'6 ... not 7'6 etc.. )

For this rod, it will be primarily be used to bust through hydrilla mats and thick thick slop !! ( so a heavier weight would be used )

The rod(s) I have been useing just realy dont cut the mustard in some of the places I fish .( not enough backbone )

I have been looking at BPS and have found one on sale that may work. ( plus I like BPS return policy.. replace for free  lol )

Extreme™ XPS™ Woo Daves ( 7'H )

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/cata...arClassCode=2&hvarSubCode=1&hvarTarget=browse

I also had a thought but I do not know if it would work or not. My thought is to use a salt water rod . I am unsure if a curado would mount on it etc..  The rod I was looking at is this one

Falcon® Coastal™ XG Series Casting Rods ( XXH .. 6'10  ... close enough to 7' lol )

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/cata...arClassCode=2&hvarSubCode=1&hvarTarget=browse

I also know a rod builder and probably will try one of his rods as well, but we will leave him out of this for right now.

Ok, lets hear yalls thoughts and or suggestions. and remember this is for thick junk !

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply as always, John.

No thoughts on useing a salt water rods ? ( like the one in the link above ? )

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kewl deal ! I hadnt even thought of the weight of the rod .

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Tex, thanks for the imput . My wife had bought me a 7' M Ugly Stick and to be honest, I didnt like the thing for casting. It was way to heavy for me casting all day. Now, if it was a 7' H it may of worked for flipping / pitching.

John, I do have 2 falcon rods 7' MH that I do like. ( If you hadnt guessed, I kinda take the Rick Clunn approach .. I want my equiptment the same... well, ok same length in rod lol )

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Bixby, thanks for the imput and link . I will give it some serious thought.

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the imput Mike . I have 2 original Falcons ( 7' MH ) that I like.
I was by a Walmart last year in Kissimmee and they had a pile of rods on sale and I got the Falcons for $ 30 each. ( reg price was $ 90 + each )

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Perry, your right I forgot about this thread lol.

I ended up getting two ( 2 ) 7'H G-Loomis' rods.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts