Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boat,Motor,pad to prop setting,type size prop,water pressure,rpms,GPS speeds,tournament load,how much fuel.how many people.

Thanks: This will help future BASSCAT Guys/girls on setting up their boats.

Bill

·
Registered
281 Posts
looks like you could use ome help here. 1991 pantera, 200hp mecrc efi. top gps speed with one person, fully loaded, livewells full, is 73.6 mph. same load with two people is 71.4. i run a hydrualic jack plate, 25p yamaha prop. water pressure runs 15. you can run this boat at any speed and let go of the steering wheel and the boat will run itself. a child could drive it at that speed other than in boat traffic. it takes time to get your boat tweeked to handle this way, but it is worth it. it makes it a much safer boat as far as handling, and the drier you get your hull, that is less drag, and that translates into fuel mileage. with this setup, i get the maximum fuel mileage at 5200 rpm's, and that is running 60 mph. i have tracked distance and fuel used many times at this combination and will get over 4.5 miles to the gallon. the boat is completely dry and the motor is loafing at 5200. it all means fuel economy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.