Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

Lake Martin

5K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Hawg Thrasher Lures 
#1 ·
#5 ·
i got so board at the house, theres no college football games on, so i took off to the lake, didn't take boat, just grabbed two poles and a bag of lizards,(salt-n-pepper) had a 3/8 oz, and a 1/4 oz Texas rig, didn't think i would have much luck, but fishing is fishing, went down to county ramp, and walked the bank around till i saw a stick up, first cast, 1.75, spot, then nothing, picked up the 3/8 oz rig second cast, another 1.5 lb, cool, walked some more, and stopped at a tree over hanging the water, flipped the lizard at the edge and whammm,!!! 3.5lb large head, by this time I'm really excited, after that not a nother bite, but you know what, when you go out to just have fun, and have some quality quiet time, not to mention catching fish, but time time just being out and about, its is as good as it gets,so people, next time Ur just setting around board, just grab a rod or two and walk a bank or two, who knows, you might get lucky too. not bad for a 45 min walk a bout, huh,!!

#8 ·
Re: lake martin, AL

I went out on Martin today from 9 till 1:30. Caught a bunch of fish. Best 5 went 17 pounds, including a Hawg that weighed 7lb 1oz. I was all by myself cause I couldn't get ahold of anyone who could go so I wasn't able to get any pics. Man I wish I could have got a photo with that toad. I went out just to field test the new Hawg Chatters I am going to come out with in the next day or 2 and I was amazingly supprized at the results I got. I have never caught a fish on a chatterbait before today mostly because I usualy throw a spinnerbait, but I tell you I am deffinately hooked. (and so were the fish LOL)

#11 ·
Re: lake martin, AL

I got an old Blackberry that doesn't have a camera on it. If it did I would have just layed it in the floor to take a picture. I think I'm going to go buy a disposable 35mm camera and keep it in the boat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.